Rambo IV plot points revealed.

nintenho

Veteran
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24028

So, the script that emerged — a ''first draft'' Stallone has written with Art Monterastelli (The Hunted) — finds Rambo living a monastic lifestyle in Bangkok and salvaging old PT boats and tanks for scrap metal. (''It's like he's stripping himself down,'' says the actor, pensively. ''That old piece of military equipment.'') When a group of volunteers bringing supplies into Burma disappears, a relative of one of the missing missionaries begs Rambo to find them. He heads off with a team of young guns, a plot point required by the financiers, who wanted to hedge against Rambo's possible mono-generational appeal.

I don't think it'll be good. Why would you disrupt a classic trilogy?

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was purely in jest. But now that I realize it's true, I want to laugh out loud. None of the Rambo's, I repeat NONE of them, were EVER good, but this is just COMICAL. Almost as funny as the fact that Stallone is making another Rocky. Imagine the Bond movies if the original Bond continually played him.

Roger Moore returns as the super sexy suave secret agent in James Bond: Golden Catheter Bag!

Last edited by a moderator:
But almost a year ago, they revealed the Rambo IV plot, and it was a different one. The old plot involved the daughter of Rambo being kidnapped, while he was living a quiet life with his wife.

Looks like some things change drastically in a matter of months.

Better then the old plot

John Rambo, a seasoned retired solider now, has been living a life of peace and solitude with his wife and daughter for about 18 years. But when his daughter goes missing, Rambo returns to his old ways and goes on a hunt to find who is responsible for the kidnapping. The main bulk of the new film will deal with a Corporal by the name of William Keating searching for a U.S. Fugitive wrongly accused of war crimes against the America. In the fugitive's search to free his name and in Rambo's search to free his daughter, Rambo and this wrongfully accused man must fight together. The First was for himself, the Second was for his Country, the Third was for his Friend, this time it's for his family

I can already see the poster

ramboivfh7.jpg

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
I must point out that in the original book, John Rambo is killed at the end. These sequels show us why.

Wow there is a Rambo book :oops: , is it any good ?

Darkon said:
Wow there is a Rambo book :oops: , is it any good ?

Yes, the film is based on a book called "First Blood" by David Morrell. The book obviously says a lot more about Vietnam and how the returning soldiers were treated. If you think about it, the first film was the only one that was any good, and that's because it follows the narrative of a decent book.

There comes a point where action movies succumb to the dreaded act of no longer being viewed as an action movie, yet more of a comedy, and it's purely unintentional. This is a prime example, along with every single Chuck Norris movie ever made.

I must point out that in the original book, John Rambo is killed at the end. These sequels show us why.
Yes, the film is based on a book called "First Blood" by David Morrell. The book obviously says a lot more about Vietnam and how the returning soldiers were treated. If you think about it, the first film was the only one that was any good, and that's because it follows the narrative of a decent book.
Exactly.

I actually liked the first Rambo. The second and third were utter crap, but the first one was not bad at all for its time.

Back