Pub burgers for dinner again tonight...

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
...and I spent the last 3 hours cleaning up the house to give me wife a happy smile for when she comes home from work. :)

"Pub burgers" are a new cut at our local supermarket that my wife picked up to try a week or two again and have been a pretty big staple in our diets since. They're a 2" thick 95% lean groundchuck patty that weigh a half-pound each and take a bit over a half-hour to pan fry to heat 'em thru enough to make 'em grey thru-and-thru.

Got the deep fryer heated up for fresh fries too, I'm going for the big brownie points tonight. ;)

Ummm....whats the point of 95% lean and then pan frying the damn thing and tacking deep fried potatoes next to it?

Try grilling (which tastes better anyways) or one of those new fangled "George Foreman Grills", which drains the grease away when you cook.

Ah, but my "frying pan" is actually a grilling skillet with them handy-dandy raised thingies to let the fat drain away.

Just eating now, quite tasty.

digitalwanderer said:
"Pub burgers" are a new cut at our local supermarket that my wife picked up to try a week or two again and have been a pretty big staple in our diets since. They're a 2" thick 95% lean groundchuck patty that weigh a half-pound each and take a bit over a half-hour to pan fry to heat 'em thru enough to make 'em grey thru-and-thru.

Sounds like something I used to have occasionally at lunch when we all used to go down the pub - they called it "Guarenteed Heart Attack" <looks pointedly at Dig>. They also used to do "Meat Feast" and "Fish Feast" which were so large I never saw anyone finish a complete helping.

If the patti is frozen, you can cheat, don't use any oil in a frying pan and there should be enough juices, including in lean beef to have it cook, just have a frying pan with a small surface.

As for fried fries, the best you can do is dry them off to absorb some of the oil.

Back