PSP to become a phone in the UK

Its not free as you have to pay for bandwith you use. I assume this will work with the build in Wifi on the psp? Also they have to make deals with all provides in counties. It will be interresting to see how to works out, especially in holland were we got alot of providers and BW isnt exactly cheap here either.

Its sounds very cool, especially if you can use something like a wireless headset but I wonder how populair it will be concidering most people have a subsribtion with their mobilephones these day wich they can call for like 200 minutes a month for 25 euros wich probably is alot more handy to use than your psp.

Interesting ... the PSP Eyetoy has a microphone included, right? So I'm guessing that'd be the first item to be supported, together with the socom headset.

Its not free as you have to pay for bandwith you use. I assume this will work with the build in Wifi on the psp? Also they have to make deals with all provides in counties. It will be interresting to see how to works out, especially in holland were we got alot of providers and BW isnt exactly cheap here either.

I was under the impression that bandwith was a flat fee no matter how much you used. It's that way in lots of countries, including that backwater, third world one mine is. Anyway I thought it'd be the same in the UK, but I see your point. If you have to pay for the bandwith of each call (and if that's costly) it would seriously hamper this iniciative.

Well what I wonder is how you connect. I assume it will be done by the WIFI in the psp connecting to a WIFI network? because you obviously dont have a SIMcard in your psp to connect to the mobile phone network. This would mean you could connect to a open network and call for free? but In holland we also have alot of paid wifi networks but what im trying to figure out is how you can connect your psp to them as you usually have to buy a card for it wich gives you a accces code for the network.

Back