[PS3] Killzone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic from the thread at Ars. Maybe it is a photoshop? As for Stereogaming... after seeing Avatar all I can say is thanks but no thanks. Not until the technology is 10x better. No way are they going to cheat me out of more money for yet another display and glasses for that "experience."

I truly hope games don't diminish the experience for non-stereo gamers for the "superior" 3D one.

I see. I will wait for official screens then. The style, setting and character design look (too) different.

Where did you get that shot from ?

Interesting that their engine can do such a drastically different style from KZ2. As expected, it's different from the signature KZ2 look, and can support co-op to meet/exceed stereoscopic 3D requirements (so non-3DTV folks won't complain).

The screenshot seems to show melee weapons.

That Helghast soldier should be camouflaged though. Are they really on Helghan ? So many greens !

EDIT: MLAA ? Is this really KZ3 ? ^_^
No, it's not. The style didn't change from 2 to 3.

Have you seen KZ3 ? I want to know if they need to change the soft look for stereoscopic 3D. All the 3D demoes I saw in SonyStyle are sharp. This includes the Captain Narville 3D trailer.

This is my only concern regarding the visuals.

I want some missions where I fight for the good guys...ie. the Helghans.
Ain't no fun in being stuck to play as the evil side :|

That said...there were few complains towards KZ2 that I never understood:

1) Game lacks colors, is all gray...even when blur,green & yellow are the dominant colors in the game & there's barely any place apart from Radec academy in multiplayer which actually looks gray. (this is that "annoying" sort of complain btw)

2) Game has uninspiring & bad art. This is something which always left me in circles, I mean even if the art isn't appealing to someone it should be clearly apparent that the game has its own identity & a lot of love & time has been put into the art department.
I wholeheartedly agree 100% with this!!

Killzone looks like ass because of the lack of colour and the overuse of filters, which might play a factor too. I mean, it's very depressing and the graphics look dull.

Uncharted 2 on the PS3 is an example of a good looking, colourful game that manages to be at the graphics top this generation. If it ran at 60 fps then it would be perfect.

The most interesting feature, graphically wise, in the new version is the inclusion of 3D support.

The first screens:

killzone-3-20100524073011786.jpg

killzone-3-20100524073014348.jpg

killzone-3-20100524073016942.jpg

Hands on:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1092173p1.html

Looks good but i dont like the jet pack design.
The first screen looks awesome and the 3rd shows some scale and openess in the level.

I wholeheartedly agree 100% with this!!

Killzone looks like ass because of the lack of colour and the overuse of filters, which might play a factor too. I mean, it's very depressing and the graphics look dull.
You aren't agreeing to me, instead you are at a big heafty disagreement to what I am pointing out.

I'm saying that KZ2 being all gray is totally nonsense talk, the game barely has any area that's actually gray & the game has 6-7 different color palate with Green,blue & yellow being the dominant color palates. The game is infact a lot more colorful than it was originally planned to be, just because of the grayzone comment spam at KZ2.com.

Excellent ! I can now see the run-down buildings. \^o^/

Expanded scale, terrain and gameplay variety:

They're matched by a new and impressive sense of scale too. The first three minutes we're allowed to go hands-on with has more set-pieces crammed in to it than the entire first level of Killzone 2, and it's also ten times bigger than what had gone before. It's a change that has obvious ramifications to the gunplay itself. "The biggest thing we're doing for Killzone 3 is trying to not only have variety in the environments but also in the actual gameplay experience - the stuff that you do from minute to minute," Ter Heide tells us, and that's certainly borne out in our hands-on with the game.

Still waiting to see how 3D affects the post processing.

EDIT:
Looks good but i dont like the jet pack design.

I like this view of the jetpack much better compared to the side view I posted. The stabilizers are fully extended and visible. Need to see a video. I googled for "jetpack PSP Liberation" last night but couldn't find any. Are those 2 rocks/orbs the power source ?

A gameplay video would tell us a million things about the game w.r.t. KZ2.

EDIT 2: After looking at the 2 jetpack images more closely, I believe they are 2 different designs. One may be a prototype (Barebone design where you control with one hand using a wired remote). The other is a production unit (controlled with both hands, includes mounted MG, and looks like a leaping Tarantula, or the electric spider in the KZ2 desert).

“With levels ten times bigger than in Killzone 2,” gushes the bulletin, “this is Helghan like you’ve never seen it before. You’ll face brutal combat in a host of environments that threaten to bury you on the deadly planet. Killzone 3 will see you trudge through toxic nuclear wastelands, get lost in a lethal alien jungle, fight in bitter arctic conditions and take the battle into space as you fight against Helghast domination – with every location featuring a distinct gameplay style for you to master.”

Source:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/05/24/killzone-3-first-official-details/

I remember that there was a jungle level with marshland in KZ1 (set in Vekta)...it looked amazing for a PS2 game (& it was one of the area that ran @ more than 25FPS..lol)

Though I'm not sure how they'll be inserting snow areas in helghan, the planet's supposed to be a wasteland, so toxic jungles is understandable but snow areas will look earthy (or vekta-ish, in case of Killzone)

Is that Rico? His proportions look odd.

Yap, "Big head" Rico has always looked this way:

rico.jpg

EDIT:
Really happy to hear the terrain examples.

Though I'm not sure how they'll be inserting snow areas in helghan, the planet's supposed to be a wasteland, so toxic jungles is understandable but snow areas will look earthy (or vekta-ish, in case of Killzone)

Snow just means water and low temperature (We saw large body of water in one of the scans). It could cover the same toxic jungle or industrial areas.

It's on the PS3 Blog now:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/05/24/killzone-3-announced-and-playable-in-3d/

“So with Visari gone, there’s a power vacuum on Helghan where figures like Stahl, the head of the Helghan weapon producer, are vying for power. Essentially, the surviving ISA soldiers are caught in the middle of a catfight when what they really need is to get the hell off the planet and return to Vekta.

“On the ground, this political situation changes the nature of the conflict. The Helghan are now in the ascendency and they are bringing a great deal of new technology to the fray. The result for the player is that you’ll be encountering new weapons and enemy types with their own distinct behaviour.”

Finally, I was told beforehand that we wouldn’t be mentioning multiplayer at this particular event but I knew you wouldn’t forgive me if I didn’t at least broach it, so I asked how much of the team’s energy is going into this component.

“We always refer to multiplayer as ‘the other half of the game’,” he said, “meaning that it’s just as important to us as single player. It’s an area on which we have key individuals working and I can promise true innovation. Right now we’re looking through all of the feedback we received on Killzone 2, particularly around accessibility.”

Given the KZ3 reveal in a cinema, the GamePro article is probably not a leak.

:cry: I was hoping we'd get to kill Rico after having to put up with his stupidity and uselessness in KZ2.

They shouldn't make KZ3 too colourful if you ask me. I liked KZ2's limited use of colour, it was dark and gritty without being bland like a lot of games these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back