port forwarding W/ Azureus

jim482

Newcomer
Hi! Can someone please help!!
I am trying to use bit torrents to download 'rar' files and show only yellow or blue smileys.
I am using a linksys wireless router, a wild blue internet sat and trend micro software. I have done flips trying to get the NAT and DHT to jive but have had NO LUCK. I am not totally "wet behind the ears" but I am not an expert either. I have set up exceptions in trend and set up the port forward in router but they still read "firewalled" in the bottom indicators of the program. Can anyone give me some advice? Oh also, The first file that I downloaded and used Winrar to unzip would only play sound....no video. Did I do something wrong in the unzip? Thanks so much in advance...

Jim

I am trying to use bit torrents to download 'rar' files and show only yellow or blue smileys.
I am using a linksys wireless router, a wild blue internet sat and trend micro software. I have done flips trying to get the NAT and DHT to jive but have had NO LUCK. I am not totally "wet behind the ears" but I am not an expert either. I have set up exceptions in trend and set up the port forward in router but they still read "firewalled" in the bottom indicators of the program. Can anyone give me some advice? Oh also, The first file that I downloaded and used Winrar to unzip would only play sound....no video. Did I do something wrong in the unzip? Thanks so much in advance...

Hi Jim! Welcome to the fora!

There could be multiple reasons, why Azureus doesn't work properly.

A) Maybe there's another firewall program running. Did you disable the Windows firewall or set exceptions for it?
B) Your ISP is blocking certain ports. If so, you'll have to switch ports.

Moreover, there's a NAT / firewall test included in Azureus. What did it say?

As for no video, you probably don't have the right codec installed, so either you'll install a codec pack or you just use VLC, which nearly supports all codecs.

here's what it says

I am using port 50000. Nat firwall test fails. windows firewall is off. As I said...i have been at this for hours. Oh forgot to mention....tried to convert avi to dvd in Winamp and it read error....file cannot be played by win media(sorry to jump around) the linksys is on of the new gs series router v5. Thanks

I am using port 50000. Nat firwall test fails. windows firewall is off. As I said...i have been at this for hours. Oh forgot to mention....tried to convert avi to dvd in Winamp and it read error....file cannot be played by win media(sorry to jump around) the linksys is on of the new gs series router v5. Thanks

On your linksys (I am assuming you are using a cable modem..if it is DSL then that will ,maybe, mean additional work) did you set both udp & tcp as forwarded to 50000?

you should have something like 192.168.1.100 (ip of the host pc behind the router that you want to firewall to)...& there shold be a little check box for tcp/udp (on some older linksi, yo may have to have two seperate lines,one each for udp & tcp)..which should be checked & then beginning port 50000 & then ending port 50000 (If their is a range box, I believe you can just leave it blank)

here are my settings...any more help?!

WildBlue internet modem........

Azureus version 2.4.0.2

Linksys wireless router WRT54G v5........IP Addy 192.168.2.1
forwarded azure1---30000 to 30000----TCP/UDP enabled
TCP listen port set to 30000 in azu.

Dell Inspiron (XP operating sys).............IP Addy 192.168.2.102

Dell Dimension 4500 (OS same).............IP Addy 192.168.2.104

Trend Micro PC-Cillin V12.......................Exceptions in place(one firewall running)
IP's forwarded to range of 100 to 104

Nat/Firewall test = FAIL (I have tried several different ports all no luck)
Have terribly slow downloads and can only get blue and yellow smileys:cry:

Thanks for any help that can be given!

Jim

WildBlue internet modem........

Azureus version 2.4.0.2

Linksys wireless router WRT54G v5........IP Addy 192.168.2.1
forwarded azure1---30000 to 30000----TCP/UDP enabled
TCP listen port set to 30000 in azu.

Trend Micro PC-Cillin V12.......................Exceptions in place(one firewall running)
IP's forwarded to range of 100 to 104

Nat/Firewall test = FAIL (I have tried several different ports all no luck)
Have terribly slow downloads and can only get blue and yellow smileys:cry:

Thanks for any help that can be given!

Jim

they have to have the forwards. Each OS IP.The gate doesnt care. You do get the update from Azureus? its on a port too, that may have to be opened also. UDP and TCP.

I have completed these things

I have been to portforward and set them up exactly as stated. that's why i am dumbfounded.Any body have any other ideas? Thanks

Any body have any other ideas? Thanks

As I said before your ISP could block certain port ranges. E.g. My ISP blocks almost everything under 5000 and 8000-50000. So I'd recommend asking your ISP if and what kind of ports are blocked.
Moreover, do you use a Cisco VPN client? Because that includes a firewall that is always on, even if the client is not running. If yes, uncheck "Stateful firewall always on" in the options menu.

Use BitComet...problem solved.

Ew? Personally the best torrent program is uTorrent, uses so little resources. Bitspirit is not bad too if for some reason the torrent requieres registration some where and you dont feel like doing that it just simply bypasses it.

Skrying said:
Personally the best torrent program is uTorrent, uses so little resources.
Please, if one's system can't spare about ~50MB of ram, he has bigger issues than what is the best torrent client to run. uTorrent is fine though, if that's your thing.

Back