Pocket PC Advice

Acert93

Artist formerly known as Acert93
Legend
I had my PDA stolen (ugh) and am looking to jump from Palm to Pocket PC. The market has slowed with a huge infusion of Smartphones with Windows Mobile OS... but I don't have/need a cell phone. Does anyone have any recommendations? Main uses will be some educational software (flashcard application, Bible stuff) and MP3 playaback. Expandable memory (SD) is a must. Thumbpad keyboard or addon would be nice as would WiFi for email but not necessary. VGA would be awesome (esp. for PDF and DOC reading) but looks to be out of my lean budget that I am pushing by even putting at $200 max (would prefer to go lower... yeah, cheapskate I know).

The primary use is going to be MP3 playback in the car (via FM transmitter) as well when studying (prof lectures) and flashcards and reading during work breaks. The Dell Axim X30 seems to fit into this range (used of course... droll over the X51v). There are a lot of HP iPaqs out there well as some stuff from Asus and the flood of Smartphones with Windows Mobile on them. I wouldn't mind getting a Smartphone if it fits into the budget and requires no phone service and runs normal Windows Mobile apps. Some of the thumbkeyboars are quite interesting.

Dunno about the other options, but I have my third iPaq at work and they all sucked badly, also the battery life is nothing but a joke.

I'd say stay with the Palm.

Back