overclock your PSP

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
from the readme.txt
OverclockLoad v1b
=================

- Fps counter added.
(note that in DTR, we get around 30fps without overclocking, 50/60 fps with Cpu at 333Mhz).

Should work with some wab v2.5 modified boot.bin, maybe other, tested with Death2Right.

USAGE :
=======

Be sure to put Cpasjuste.txt in the root of the memory stick. (ms0:/Cpasjuste.txt)
Open Cpasjuste.txt and put the path of the BOOT.BIN file you want to launch.
Launch OverclockLoad.

In game command's :

Select + L = View Current Fps and Cpu speed.
Select + pad up = Set Cpu/Bus speed at 333/166 Mhz.
Select + pad down = Set Cpu/Bus speed at 222/111 Mhz (default).

i think DTR means death by degrees ?

I thought framerates in console games were locked. Or are they just locked to even multiples?

For that matter, I don't think there's any technical reason an LCD screen has to be locked to a 30/60 framerate, rather it's just that way on PCs and TVs because that's how CRTs are. Theoretically, could an LCD screen get away by just updating the areas of the screen that change and work at any framerate, and not have to do a full redraw like a CRT?

Theoretically, could an LCD screen get away by just updating the areas of the screen that change and work at any framerate, and not have to do a full redraw like a CRT?

That is how an LCD works. It's the thing that drives it that has a framerate or refresh rate.

mech said:
Theoretically, could an LCD screen get away by just updating the areas of the screen that change and work at any framerate, and not have to do a full redraw like a CRT?

That is how an LCD works. It's the thing that drives it that has a framerate or refresh rate.

But does it need to drive it like that?

Like is double buffering needed on an LCD, or can it just choose to update individual lines on an LCD without having the rendering artifacts of single buffering?

I don't know enough about it, but I can't see why it would be feasible. As far as I understand it, a lot of the way LCDs are driven is a hangover from the CRT age :) plus it's just a simple way of doing it.

Newbie and it shows

HEy all, im pretty knowledgable with my psp, but im having the biggest brain fart. I got overclock and i have to enter where the .bin file is, but i havent a clue as where to find that. is it on the UMD or in a folder already on my memory stick. Im trying to overclock ATV offroad fury. thanks for your help

Back