Online Chatting Leads to Virtual Wedding

Online Chatting Leads to Virtual Wedding

Indonesia - Rita Sri Mutiara Dewi's fiance could not get time off from his job in the United States. But that didn't stop the couple — who have never met in person — from tying the knot on Thursday.

And a Muslim cleric who witnessed the ceremony between the Indonesian lovers declared it legal, she said, even though they were on opposite ends of the earth.

More here:
:idea: http://updatedinfos247.blogspot.com/2006_01_13_updatedinfos247_archive.html :idea:

Man Icant believe it! The world is going in more "other" direction that i was thinking of!
Well in a some years we are gona f.... the machine!!!!!

I believe the first 'online' weddings happened over the ancient telegraph system in the US back in the 1800, all done in Morse code :)

I'm always bewildered by these long distance relationships the media is so fond of reporting.
The adage that You don't know someone till you've lived with them is always the acid test which so few survive.

Personally I've been involved in a six month telephone affair which lasted barely two more months once we actually got together. Marraige isnt something to take so flippantly, there are legal ramifications if and when it goes bad.

/shrugs

That is true Shogun but most marriages fail becuase of interfamily relationships not the direct relationship. Arrainged marriages in India work much better then most western marriages. Divorce rates are much lower around 15% over westren culture societies where its 50%.

I just married through an arranged marraige, well some what arranged, just told my parents she better look good, they can look at the rest lol. And I met her for a couple of times, she was hot lol, and I liked her personality, and vica vera. So we got hitched. So far no major problems or shock effects.

Back