Oculus Meta Quest 3

Someone is definitely going to be so in the moment they will try walk up stairs in something like that and go arse up lol.

More dangerous if someone puts realistic looking stairs going down into a hole in the ground or over the side of a wall, or even a platform over a hole in the ground or platform extending off a wall in mid air. If someone isn't paying attention and tries to walk on it. Ooof. Sure, the headset should have safeguards to warn a user about something like that, but I know with the Oculus Quest guardian, I still whack my hand into things when using it because the guardian can't prevent me from not doing that and if I'm in the moment, I may not notice it quickly enough.

Regards,
SB

GamePass integration coming. I found the idea of playing on a "TV" in mixed realty a great concept, since they're not VR titles. So you have a "big screen TV" wherever you are. I have no experience with watching a 2D movie on VR so I'm not sure how playing a 2D game in "fullscreen" would compare to having a "TV" further away in your FOV.

It's fun playing 2d ps5 games on a big virtual screen in PSVR2, but the resolution is still not high enough i think. Movies fare better.

The lens/panel seem on point, everyone in the previews are raving about the clarity. Looking like a pretty solid unit. Mainly want it for pcvr so just gonna keep my powder dry a bit longer and wait for some hands on experience usig it for that.

i wonder if Codemasters will bother enhancing their GRID legends VR for Q3, because the game is solid, a full blown racing game, they could "relaunch" it for Q3 with nice improvements.

Meta Said 50+ released Quest 2 games will get Quest 3 enhancements ready for launch, and 50+ more by the end of this year.

Last edited:
Quest 3 Adreno 740 will range from 492 to 599mhz frequency depending on loads and needs, which means from 2.4 to 3.05Tflops .
Not bad.

Screenshot_20230929-110137_1.png

Last edited:
Back