New Leaked Oblivion Screenshots

JarrodKing

Newcomer
These were taken from an incomplete build that some Russian company was using for translation purposes. Needless to say they weren't supposed to be taking and releasing screen captures.

Confidence-Man said:
These were taken from an incomplete build that some Russian company was using for translation purposes. Needless to say they weren't supposed to be taking and releasing screen captures.

Maybe the game is close to release then, if they are sending it around for translations and stuff...

Anyone else notice any difference?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Source.

PS. A long time lurker. So "hi!" everybody! :smile:

Yeah I checked the site, and they are saying the PC version has been downgraded from earlier videos. Parrallex mapping appears to be turned off... Hope it's only temporary.

Hardknock said:
Yeah I checked the site, and they are saying the PC version has been downgraded from earlier videos. Parrallex mapping appears to be turned off... Hope it's only temporary.

I believe Bethseda referred to the specific build that all these new photos/movies are from as "less than ideal" and was used only because it "made sense at the time"...so I would imagine it had features turned off for various reasons, in fact one of the translations talked about broken quests.

HeBeHu said:

Hmm, at first glance, I thought I was actually looking at a comparison between the X360 version and one of the Xbox version (the bottom one looks like a realtime cutscenes in Baulder's Gate or CON on PS2...) but now that I clicked the link and noticed what its about... I think I better keep that comment to myself... :???:

I do hope they didn't downgrade it that far... though admittedly, I haven't seen much of this game yet. Disclaimer: Only commenting on the screens, obviously.

If anything I would say that the top image looks more PC like.

Oblivion is going to look better on a high end PC than on the x360.

bangalter said:
If anything I would say that the top image looks more PC like.

Oblivion is going to look better on a high end PC than on the x360.

Where are these people coming from?

There's an interview with the actual developers of the game and they state the 360 is the definitive version.

Back