Neill Degrasse Tyson helps Superman...

Dr. Tyson is awesome. Even existing in comics form is not enough to diminish the man's presence (even though that was a terrible artist drawing the thing.)

Did you listen to the audio clip of his interview? He talks about how he was drawn in the comic :) If you haven't listened, take a few minutes when time permits, as it's far more what I would've expected from Dr. Tyson.

Oh, Dr. Tyson was drawn pretty faithfully, but good ol' Kal-El on the other hand looks positively deformed I must say. Worst superman drawings I've seen, ever.

Part of that is because of the redesign that was forced onto DC artists a while back. It looked dumb with a more talented artist(The designer was Jim Lee), and it looks dumber with a less talented one.

But, I will always argue the worst Superman design/art was the one that takes place in the future and he looks like Santa and fires a multi barreled machine gun at twin hitler clones(YES SOMEONE THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA).

That and Curt Swan's superman. Guy could do a lot of things, but muscled men were not in his skill set. He made superman look fat. Superman is the one superhero who basically should never look fat.

Back