MPA goes after guitar tab sites...

I'm still waiting for those MiB memory wipers to be installed outside every cinema so you can't remember the film and blab about it to the world :p

Just waiting for days when even humming your favorit song will be forbidden...
Judging how things porgress now it shoudl happen very soon lol

Ya this is some of the stupidest crap I've ever hear. My favourite powertabs site was taken down about 8months ago, powertabs.net, luckily their DB has finally been rehosted at tabopolis.net and a few other mirrors.

I think it's bullshit that you can prevent people from sharing their own, homemade tabs. Trying to force us to buy some stupid overpriced tabs book so the record labels can get a cut.

"People can get [tab] for free on the internet, and it's hurting the songwriters," MPA president Lauren Keiser told the New York Times.

What a load of horseshit.

The world....is out....of its fucking mind.....

So essentially every site that quotes a movie is doing the same thing. How about we go after quicktime for releasing trailers that have a chance of spoiling my movie-going experience by not leaving me in absolute darkness. Reading this type of nonsense makes me SICK

dude.. that's really really old news.
Powertabs.net and mysongbook haven't had tabs for months!

They're just worried with such easy access to tabs people will figure out what poor musicians the popular bands are ;)

I do get it that they want to sell more tab books (like closing the sites will give them more sales :rolleyes:), but most of that material doesn't even exist in _any_ tab books, so it's stupid to begin with.

Luckily I rarely ever need tabs, but I'm still pissed off knowing how useful these are for a beginner guitarist.

I do get it that they want to sell more tab books (like closing the sites will give them more sales :rolleyes:), but most of that material doesn't even exist in _any_ tab books, so it's stupid to begin with.

Luckily I rarely ever need tabs, but I'm still pissed off knowing how useful these are for a beginner guitarist.
They're also usefull for bands who don't play straight forward stuff ;)

Back