Movie Reviews 2.0

I should probably add: I'm a person who thought The Blair Witch Project was awesome, the scariest damn bunch of trees ever.
People who didn't like that won't like Skinamarink at all.

When Evil Lurks was excellent. A truly horrifying, gross, and Godless film.

Don't watch if you're in the middle of a sweaty depression spiral though - it's rough.
Great recommendation, thank you! I love these hidden gems of horrors. The first act especially was just perfect in its setup and pacing, with some truly shocking scenes.

guys, dune 2 was epic. im a lover of the book and i think these two films are a perfect adaptation. i dont feel like anything important from the books is missing and im just blown away by what denis villeneuve has made. the music is epic hans zimmerness and the sound design is just chefs kiss

i think its almost a given that there will be another movie to close out the paul atreides story from the books and maybe even more movies if the third one does well but, its not really needed. do paul atreides' story at least thats enough

I enjoyed the first one which I thought was a pretty good representation of the book. Hoping for the same from part 2.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the series continue in the future to see what Villeneuve makes of God Emperor of Dune...

(Insert weird dragon/snake/human thingy emoji here)

That's like video for rent or sale.

For streaming included with your subscription, Dune 2 should eventually be available on Max, which also has the Part 1 for streaming.

That's in the US. But I know Max also has subsidiary streaming services in other regions of the world.

Yeah I'm fine with buying a "digital license". That's what I did with a bunch of movies on ATV, and also dune 1.

ATV provide the best audio and visual to me, compared to any other digital video download / streaming service.

Btw can anyone check whether dune 2 on ATV is really released or they are only released the preorder page?

The language in the website shows "available" but maybe Apple just being obstuse and it's actually available for preorder

Yeah I'm fine with buying a "digital license". That's what I did with a bunch of movies on ATV, and also dune 1.

ATV provide the best audio and visual to me, compared to any other digital video download / streaming service.

Btw can anyone check whether dune 2 on ATV is really released or they are only released the preorder page?

The language in the website shows "available" but maybe Apple just being obstuse and it's actually available for preorder
afaik denis insisted on a 45 day theatres only release before it becomes available online

guys, dune 2 was epic. im a lover of the book and i think these two films are a perfect adaptation. i dont feel like anything important from the books is missing and im just blown away by what denis villeneuve has made. the music is epic hans zimmerness and the sound design is just chefs kiss

i think its almost a given that there will be another movie to close out the paul atreides story from the books and maybe even more movies if the third one does well but, its not really needed. do paul atreides' story at least thats enough
I spoke with some people that didn’t read the book and they were a bit confused as to what was happening in act 2. They were expecting something more like lord of the rings if you know what I mean. I think if the movies explained the prison colonies and Arrakis, think it would have made more sense to these folks.

Some key folks disappeared in act 2 as well that I wish stuck around.

Overall great movie adaption

I spoke with some people that didn’t read the book and they were a bit confused as to what was happening in act 2. They were expecting something more like lord of the rings if you know what I mean. I think if the movies explained the prison colonies and Arrakis, think it would have made more sense to these folks.

Some key folks disappeared in act 2 as well that I wish stuck around.

Overall great movie adaption
i think you can just assume whoever wasnt shown in part 2 died in the sardaukar attack in part 1

Says pre-order on the US store, no mention of the release date.

UHD Blu Ray should be better than any digital download though.

i think you can just assume whoever wasnt shown in part 2 died in the sardaukar attack in part 1
Agreed. It is already a long movie. 6 hrs over 2 films. I wish they could have explained more, but they had already hit their limit. Timothee indicated he’s already half way through reading Dune Messiah.

Back