lcd image distortion at 640x480 ???

lark

Newcomer
Hello, I have an old laptop, running win98 with 800x600 LCD home resolution. When display is set to 640x480 the image is somewhat distorted, most noticable in "edgy" and uneven fonts. that's a problem because I have a few games that require 640x480 and therefore lokk somewhat messy. Is there any way to smoothen thigs out? Or if not how can I specify that instead of remapping the image to fit the screen it is presented in a 640x480 "box", leaving the rest of the lcd dark?
Thank you

lark said:
Hello, I have an old laptop, running win98 with 800x600 LCD home resolution. When display is set to 640x480 the image is somewhat distorted, most noticable in "edgy" and uneven fonts. that's a problem because I have a few games that require 640x480 and therefore lokk somewhat messy. Is there any way to smoothen thigs out? Or if not how can I specify that instead of remapping the image to fit the screen it is presented in a 640x480 "box", leaving the rest of the lcd dark?
Thank you

There is really only one way to fix this... tell the video card to use centered timings (uncheck the stretch display option in display properties)

All LCDs will interpolate the image if it is lower than the native res when the stretch display is not checked)

Back