Late 70's should be hit

linthat22

Regular
Do ya'll remember the group Looking Glass? Probably not, but I bet ya'll remember the song Brandy (You're a Fine Girl).

They have a song called Jimmy Loves Mary-Anne that could've been a decent hit if the chorus didn't screw it up. It has a good bass line along with a flowing musical choire.

Do ya'll know of any old "hits" from a group you like but didn't strike it out for some reason or another?

Another group that come's to mind is The Animals.

I just think most of her output after the two first albums is to, well... shall we say "alternative" to become mainstream popular.
It is IMO some of the best "arty" pop/rock ever though.
She really has her own style and way, that doesn't really fit in any genre box

Shogun said:
I never understood why America pretty much ignored Kate Bush. I loved the bizzare little pixie when she arrived in 78' (and still do).

Probably because she won't tour, or even do much in the way of promotion. The British love her because... well, she's a British eccentric, and her songs are great.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
Probably because she won't tour, or even do much in the way of promotion. The British love her because... well, she's a British eccentric, and her songs are great.

I don't think that was nessessarilly true. Music vidoes were beginning to assert themselves at the time as effective promotional tools, Wuthering Heights certainly reached number one on the Australian charts without the benfit of a tour, and I can assure you Babooshka did wonders with my 13 year old demographic.

minia.jpg

Shogun said:
I don't think that was nessessarilly true. Music vidoes were beginning to assert themselves at the time as effective promotional tools, Wuthering Heights certainly reached number one on the Australian charts without the benfit of a tour, and I can assure you Babooshka did wonders with my 13 year old demographic.

minia.jpg

hahaha started reading the thread, and immediately had that image in mind :)

hmm was probably about 13 yeah ;)

Kate Bush has a very beautiful voice and great artistic talent. "Wuthering Heights" and "This Woman's Work" are just magnificent songs, while "Hounds of Love" is probably her best album overall.

Heh, I wasn't even born in 78. :smile:

Back