KitchenAid appliances: any damn good or not?

Anyone tried/owned anything made by this brand?

I'm looking at buying a blender for mixing drinks and batter and stuff like that.

the oen I used in the past was all plastic. On that particular one the rotating mixer knives were secured with a bayonet mount which due to being constructed out of polycarbonate was prone to chipping and cracking. Not goofd when you need a tight seal at the bottom of the jar!

Since the motor housing was plastic as well it made the thiung very noisy.

That's why I'm looking at this KitchenAid model. The housing is metal (I think this will cut down on noise and vibratiosn) and the jar is massive glass with the knives secured using proper threads. So it shouldn't be able to crack and leak.

It sure looks and feels very solid I have to say. Yes I've held it and turned it upside down and tugged and pulled at it.

And it's expensive.

Which is why I'm asking. It might LOOK the business but who can say for sure if it's actually any damn goofd or not. It could in realty just be built heavy but not actually be all that great (insert American car joke here.)

I wouldn't want to buy a big expensive dud.

Thanks!
Peace.

KitchenAid are about the best they make. My Mom and sis swear by 'em, as did my blessed Gramma...RIP.

Good mixers, I still want one. I'm actually in line for my Mom's next hand-me-down one, she usually picks up a new one every decade or so just to have the newest model and the old ones are still good for years and years.

KA is a premium brand that is expanding into lower-end markets. They got their start in mixers (like for cakes and what not) and are, today, in basically everything. I think a lot of their stuff is built by whirlpool (lowest warranty claim rate company).

Back