Kebab Pizza

dizietsma

Banned
I cooked one of these last night

Buy a pizza and a kebab, add kebab meat to pizza, top with extra cheese and then cook. Results were great

Before, the raw ingredients

http://www.zen141854.zen.co.uk/pizza1.jpg

after, cooked perfection

http://www.zen141854.zen.co.uk/pizza4.jpg

pizza2 and pizza3 in the series show the intermediary preparation steps,

If you all need to cook a romantic meal for that special lady but cannot cook then I heartedly recommend this dish.

Haha , I've not seen such a pizza even in Turkey ... But I'll look for it or at least I'll cook it myself like yours ... :]

I cooked one of these last night

Buy a pizza and a kebab, add kebab meat to pizza, top with extra cheese and then cook.
One of the photos looked a bit like "Iskender" which is possibly my favourite Turkish dish.

BTW you do know that there are true Turkish "pizzas" called "Pide"?

I remember going to a take-away in Leeds that did a Calzone Kebab. So a folded pizza filled with kebab :) very tasty, disgustingly unhealthy!

Also a popular item in the aforementioned shacks is a roll-kebab - basically a pizza baked with no fillings at all (just the bread part), then normal contents of a kebab thrown on it and the whole package rolled into a tube you can feed on nicely.

Yes, yes kebab pizza is very tasty. Especially when it comes with salat and loads of garlic sauce (not that fatty garlic cream). Although the ladies won't stay near me after I had one of those for dinner at the pub, that I can assure you. But a well spent friday night IMO... :rolleyes:

Really? Every pizza+kebab -shack in Finland does these.
Let's say I'm a little conservative about kebab and never looked for it than :smile:... But I'll give it a shot ...
Also a popular item in the aforementioned shacks is a roll-kebab - basically a pizza baked with no fillings at all (just the bread part), then normal contents of a kebab thrown on it and the whole package rolled into a tube you can feed on nicely.
And that's called " Dürüm " :D ...

Really? Every pizza+kebab -shack in Finland does these.

Add Sweden to that. That's standard food, and one of my favorites. When I lived in Canada I always made sure to get kebab-pizza (or even just kebab) whenever I went home. That kind of food just didn't seem to exist over there.

And that's called " Dürüm " :D ...

That or also "Jufka":

dueruem01.jpg

Then there is Lahmacun (difference: the dough is with yeast, same as pizza kinda), you can have that with kebab meat as well.

lahmacun.jpg

Kebab means a piece of meat on a stick, nothing more than that. The big lump where you cut döner from is also a huge kebab in that sense.

But what you mean is also available here, no need to go to Turkey :) Only that they call it shish kebab here.

And white sheep cheese like Feta is surely great with döner, yummy.

Back