Just got my Dell 2007WFP

Redeemer

Newcomer
I post up pics and a small review later. Just hook it up, played F.E.A.R, BattleField 2, a few DVD's and some Divx. Haven't noticed any banding issue as of yet, which already has been reported by some owners. Of course I will use some sort of testing software. Played the new Ghost Recon Demo @ 1680x1050, noticed no bleeding or ghosting. I am so far pretty impressed by this monitor. If you have any questions please PM me. Yes I am using DVI-D, and yes this LCD is HDCP

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Geo
Please don't take this personal as it's just monitor-envy talking, but I think I hate you.

/me kicks my old 17" CRT!
bleh2.gif

digitalwanderer said:
Please don't take this personal as it's just monitor-envy talking, but I think I hate you.

/me kicks my old 17" CRT!
bleh2.gif

ha, being a LCD hater I don't suffer from this issue.

/me kisses my old 17" CRT! :LOL:

How can there be banding in gradients on an 8-bit panel?

I'd say it's user error or faulty hardware. Probably the former. :p

Well, I like the base on the 2005FPW more than the new 2007FPW. However, the buttons on the new screen look nicer. And I assume the newer panel is a decent improvement on an already excellent device.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guden Oden said:
How can there be banding in gradients on an 8-bit panel?

I'd say it's user error or faulty hardware. Probably the former. :p

Obviously you didn't read the volume of people reporting the problem, its not user error, but it does appear to be an issue not found in every display of this model.

Its scared me out of buying one, I was moments away from making an order until I saw the reports. I am glad the OP doesn't have this problem though. Maybe I'll order it anyway and if I find an issue just return it.

/me hugs 22" Trinitron. Sorta (a little too big to hug :) )

I can't stand LCD's. I know so many people now who get them simply because "I'm sick of lugging around a CRT"...then they complain that the quality sucks and such. Ahh rant, anyway, i'm a 100% LCD hater and I just wish the technology would vanish so we could get back to awaiting that new ultra-huge CRT from Sony or Diamond or somesuch...those were the days.

I suppose...if someone can find me a 0.50ms LCD with a gi-normous contrast ratio capable of at least matching my Trinitron I might consider it...as for now, i'm happy with 2048x1536@85hz with no bloody ghosting or flickering at a faster seek time than a bloody lcd. /hate /hate /hate.

I love you Trinitron...

Sobek said:
I love you Trinitron...
My last CRT was a flatscreen trinitron. I couldn't wait to kick out its huge, misaligned, distorted, non-convergent ass out the door and replace it with a super-sharp LCD.

Guden Oden said:
My last CRT was a flatscreen trinitron. I couldn't wait to kick out its huge, misaligned, distorted, non-convergent ass out the door and replace it with a super-sharp LCD.

I just got, what I consider to be, a fairly crappy 20" BenQ LCD. Despite all its flaws, I would never go back to a CRT. My previous CRT was a 19" ViewSonic P95f+, which was what I upgraded to from a 17" Sony Trinitron.

Guden Oden said:

I'm using both a Diamondtron CRT and LCD. I definitely prefer the LCD. Sharper, accurate geometry, no ringing etc. Contrast ratio is only an issue if I'm watching DVDs or something.

Blasphemy!

You all have the retarded buyers plague! :)

Next thing you'll be saying you like consoles...or even worse...OWN ONE. :\

Back