Just got a new DFI Lan Party NFII Ultra B!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
And I am in love so far! I ain't never had a motherboard impress me so much just opening up the box.

I'm just getting ready to install it. I've been having mobo nightmares from hell with my daughter's PC and this is going to be the 6th mobo I try in it so I decided to quit messing around and just get a NICE one.

But I didn't think it would be this nice, I'm very impressed by DFI so far...this is my first experience with them.

Reactions: Geo
If I remember rightly, this is one of Oskar Wu's first real triumphs for DFI, after they prised him from abit. One of the best Socket A mainboards ever produced.

Yeah, but it hasn't fixed the problem. :(

Tomorrow I steal my son's barton & memory and start swapping bits to see what the problem is...

What's the problem digi?

If by mobo number six and its the same issue then I'd say its pretty same to assume the issue is not mobo related.

Skrying said:
What's the problem digi?

If by mobo number six and its the same issue then I'd say its pretty same to assume the issue is not mobo related.

At least Digi has a nice motherboard now...

Deadstick PC, won't boot or beep.

Next up I'll swap out the CPU and memory from my son's later today and try those out. The PSU is a new one and it's nice, it's a Fortran.

Yeah, this one is turning into a REAL pain in the ass. :(

To make matters worse my son's best friend's mom brought over her son's busted PC and I had it up and running in 5 minutes, before I even had my coffee! :???:

This is just gonna be one of them nasty ones, just like my son's was....but at least I got his going now and I WILL get my daughters going also, it's just a matter of when/how. :)

The PSU is a new one and it's nice, it's a Fortran.
Don't rule out the PSU... it shouldn't be memory as you would get some beeps at least in normal memory faults.

CPU or PSU.... remember to unplug all the unnecessary cables and cards before you start testing.

It either fires up dead, or if I clear the CMOS it'll fire up with a very long beep to be repeated over and over until it becomes steady.

Then if I reset it it just fires up dead.

I haven't had any time to get to it today, and I'm not sure I'll get the time today. :(

Thanks Tahir, from that it seems like it's either the memory or PSU. :)

I'll try it later, I gotta go take the kids swimming now. (But I get to fix some 'puters whilst they swim so it won't be too bad. ;) )

Back