Jeff Minter's Space Giraffe: Xbox 360

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
http://www.quartertothree.com/game-t...ad.php?t=28649

Quote:
Many of you will be familiar with Jeff Minter, author of such 8-bit classics as Gridrunner, Trip-a-Tron, Mama Llama, Hover Bovver, Iridis Alpha and Meta-Galactic Llamas Battle at the Edge of Time. And of course Tempest 2000 for the Atari Jaguar. Most recently he co-authored the Xbox 360 music visualizer.

Well, he's just posted some screenshots from his latest game, Space Giraffe, due to be released on Xbox Live Arcade later this year

sg8cl8.jpg

sg1jv0.jpg

sg3ht6.jpg

sg5zz1.jpg

WTF is this :LOL:

Jeff Minter work under LSDs?! Check out the last screenshot "Horse Shecqma, Fluff fucker, Cunt Cuni..." uh? Plus very weird FXs some seem based on some sort of fractal'ish patterns.

"Horse Shecqma, Fluff fucker, Cunt Cuni..." uh? .
Its Horse Smegma i believe, and you're better off not googling it.
seriously dont. (im not being funny, dont)

How is MS allowing something like this on their console?

Meta-Galactic Llamas Battle at the edge of time :LOL: Great name.
I remember seeing Kangaroo Flange in a screenshot lol

Holy...I wonder what mushrooms this guy has been eating. :LOL:

EDIT: Seems like we found the explanation from the link you posted.

Yak (Jeff Minter) uses the foul language to prevent sites like IGN posting shots like this (essentially WIP/Tech Test images he posts on his blog/forum) as "exclusive shots of Jeff Minter's new game" when they're not exactly representative of everything he's going for. It happened on Unity, leading to a bunch of silliness, so now he throws in some NSFW language as a (tongue in cheek) safeguard.

Still, what mushrooms is he eating. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Its Horse Smegma i believe, and you're better off not googling it.
seriously dont. (im not being funny, dont)

How is MS allowing something like this on their console?
Either it's not official and somebody's yanking our chains, or as the thread linked to states, Jeff uses those terms on dev shots to stop websites ripping them.

Ah ok, what do the numbers mean though?

Probably just points for your performance. IMO this reminds me Frequenzy (Except that the makers probably didn't eat the same amount of mushrooms as this little fellow).

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/frequency/screenindex.html

I don't know if the game will be similar or not but these screenshots reminded me of this game immediately.

EDIT: Oh I got the impression from the first screenshot. :) But it looks quite weird so who knows what it will be!

EDIT2: Why did this guy even release these screenshots? IMO these do more harm than good to this product. :D

Jeff Minter is one of the few creative oddballls left in the games industry. So I really hope it works out for him this time.

BTW, does anyone know why Unity was cancelled for the GCN?

So I really hope it works out for him this time.
"This time"? He did get the contract for the light synth thingy for the music player. ...Which really isn't all that spectacular unfortunately, but at least it'll supply hay for the llamas and sheeps out in his stable for a foreseeable future I hope. :D

I'm fairly certain this weirdo game will become one of the rather few that I will pay money for on the arcade. If he'd do another Tempest, I'd buy that one too, the Jaguar version was great.

I'm fairly certain this weirdo game will become one of the rather few that I will pay money for on the arcade. If he'd do another Tempest, I'd buy that one too, the Jaguar version was great.

Did he ever finish the Defender/Stargate clone for Jaguar? The one with the easter egg, that if you did something in particular your spaceship would turn into the cutest sheep in the universe, named Fluffy (I wonder if he is scottish from the Aberdeen area :) ).

Edit: Oh, and we need a next gen Llamatron

Cheers

The first levels will be a bit Tempest-ish. It's more or less visible in these screens too.

They're shooting for a 400 points title. Can't wait...

i may have met seen jeff minter once but i can't be sure. i have a liking for things that are based on pure mathematics rather than artwork. you don't get to see them often these days. his stuff reminds me of independant tech demos. when people wanted to know how far they could push a machine in particular effects.

Back