Java theory and practice: Urban performance legends, revisited

If JNI didn't kick performance in the crotch, I could have stupidly fast Java/Qt/KDE applications -- drool.

Sun really should prioritise this in Dolphin.
Aren't there a lot of walkarounds for the JNI performance issues; native buffers?

Saem said:
If JNI didn't kick performance in the crotch, I could have stupidly fast Java/Qt/KDE applications -- drool.

Dolphin is Java 7? After Mustang, no? I am looking forward to seeing and experiencing all the changes in the upcoming releases...especially developments in Swing! I think we will get over the 'performance problems' that Java is slower than C/C++ very very soon...right now its almost not even considered anymore I dont think in most if not all application considerations...

I haven't heard of any JNI performance increases in Mustang.

suryad said:
Dolphin is Java 7? After Mustang, no? I am looking forward to seeing and experiencing all the changes in the upcoming releases...especially developments in Swing! I think we will get over the 'performance problems' that Java is slower than C/C++ very very soon...right now its almost not even considered anymore I dont think in most if not all application considerations...

Back