Italian American's still discrimiated against

eastmen

Legend
Supporter
http://wcbstv.com/local/Odd.Belmar.Newsletter.2.772446.html

I mean seriously

Mayor Ken Pringle says he wants to keep it that way, but he may have used the wrong language to make his point. In his weekly newsletter to summer renters, the mayor, borrowing a reference he thought was fairly commonly used in his town, and lifting an incident from "njguido.com," described a certain type that descends on Belmar:

"Guidos as kind of a rare bird and are "as welcome as, oh, Canada geese."

Pringle switched to full damage control mode on Wednesday.

"In a very positive way, the 20-somethings who consider themselves to be "guidos," it's not an epithet," Pringle said. "In my own town, I will tell you that there are people who don't like it; but it's like a generational divide on this issue."

This is the problem. If this was an italian american in office saying things like this about young black youth they would have been driven out of office by now . the double standard is sickining.

Oh and he insulted some women also and some staten island people with those women

I can see why some Italians would be offended by use of the term, but as a non-Italian when I hear the term guido I think of a very small subset of Italian gangster types, not all Italians.

Guido is an Italian given name. It is also a derogatory slang term for working class Italian-American.
Ah, I understand now why these folk(anyone remember that internet fad) were called guidos. It's the equivalent to calling them white trash.

guido04qw1.jpg

Back