Is there a decent freeware undelete program for XP?

In a huff yesterday I killed a folder off my harddrive and today I'm thinking maybe that wasn't the smartest choice I ever did in my life.

Can I get it back without having to pay moeny to a scummy company like norton etc for soem bloated "disk rescue" type package?

Peace.

Thanks a bunch guys.

I checked out the freeundelete utility first and is it normal that ntfs screws up folder names like that when deleting them? Yhat doesn't seem very safe/smart because now I don'tt knw which files should go where..

Maybe I should try the other program first before despairing for real (there were a bunch of subfolders in the one I killed).

Stikll I can salvage the most oimportant data if I can't get the folder names sorted out. It's just a lot of work doing it that way rathr than a straight undelete. :cool:

Tahnks again.
Peace.

Edit:
Te gernman program found folder names but other than that it's a load of crap from qhat I can tell. It only wnts to restore subfolders of subfolders not the folder itself. And it will only restore one folder at a time (and there's a bunch of em).

Or else I simply don't know how to use this thing (doesn't seem that complicated really: there aren't very many buttons and stuff). Some folders also appear as duplicates; one with yellow icon and the other with green icon. And some folders only appear as green icons. I don't really understand the difference and the program isn't telling.

So I have to conclude it's not a very well designed program. I guess I'm getting what I pay for..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back