I ACTUALLY won't be able to play hl2...

The549

Regular
I was testing my 9800pro in a guy's dell. I heard a "clunk", and was confused. 5 seconds later, the screen starts to melt away, and I smell a burning. Realised the heat sink had fallen off, which made the sound. His computer doesn't work anymore, and my card is burnt. I'm tired, pissed, and feel extremely stupid.
But have a nice day!!!

No, unfortunately, it wasn't. It was MY card, in HIS dell. And it was an aftermarket heatsink fan at that.
His pc doesn't work, but he can fix it for free. I'm pretty sure that he may just have to reset his cmos, but I'm too afraid to go back in his room. :rolleyes:

<edit> I have my own pc I made, so I'm just out $200, which I can't (shouldn't be able to) afford right now.

ouch that sucks....

i cant play HL2 either. wanna know why? because i can't afford the $50 for the game!

I can't play HL2. An dyou know why? Cause it would be easy to go to the shop and pick it up, but i have no internet connection at the moment, so that's useless!!!

Yay Valve!! :devilish:

digitalwanderer said:
How are all you folks "without an internet connection" posting up here? :|

work... what else are we going to do while we're at work? ;)

Some people have plugs at the back of their heads. I'm wireless thank god, much easier if you ask me. Everyone should go wireless.

digitalwanderer said:
Sage said:
What is this "work" thing that you speak of? Is it somehow related to that "money-thing"? :|

YEah you see in some parts of the world, people need to get up in the morning, shower (eww), get dressed (sometimes properly) and go to places where they do this thing called work.
Work can be anything.
And then those people get money in exchange of half their lives.
Fair exchange.

london-boy said:
digitalwanderer said:
Sage said:
What is this "work" thing that you speak of? Is it somehow related to that "money-thing"? :|

YEah you see in some parts of the world, people need to get up in the morning, shower (eww), get dressed (sometimes properly) and go to places where they do this thing called work.
Work can be anything.
And then those people get money in exchange of half their lives.
Fair exchange.

and in some parts of the world when they arrive at this place they "work" they have nothing to do but cruise B3D forums all day, and that makes their post-count go way up.

Sage said:
and in some parts of the world when they arrive at this place they "work" they have nothing to do but cruise B3D forums all day, and that makes their post-count go way up.

.... Err.... Yeah, some people do that... Totally unacceptable if you ask me...

london-boy said:
Sage said:

.... Err.... Yeah, some people do that... Totally unacceptable if you ask me...

oh well, it's comming to an end soon. was nice while it lasted tho.

Unfortuantely .. while I do "work" and make some "money thingy" and while I am able to browse Beyond3D and all .. I can't get internet where I stay because this country (Botswana) hasn't heard of ADSL or ISDN .. and running at 56k modem is gonna cost an arm and a leg. Never mind the telephone call costs.

I can't bring my PC in to update anything .. as all the ports are blocked. :(

I can only d/l from http and ftp.

US

Well, that sucks for you all too. But if any of you know anything aboot compyuters and prossesers and things, visit my "what did I fuck up" thread here

Back