Hugo Weaving as V? OMGWTF!

Guden Oden

Legend
Just saw on IMDB... Watched The Matrix on DVD yesterday, and it prompted me to look him up. I didn't know there was a movie planned for V, much less that it's almost done and about to premiere this autumn! Damn, I may have to recind my vow never to go to the movies again. ...Save to see King Kong that is. And Narnia. And probably FF too. And Aeon Flux, Doom and a couple others.

Damn, this ain't gonna be cheap. :???:

I saw the trailer and was left terribly unimpressed, and shifting the release did not allay my fears (in spite of Weaving and Portman)...

I was almost hoping it would be V as in the old alien show in the 80's. Loved that show. Though i'm sure if i were to watch it now it would look like my uncle made it in his backyard.

I must admit I torrented the old episodes (I did buy the miniseries on DVD - though region 1 d'oh, which I can't play back on either PS2 or my current PC DVD drive without finding a regionhacked firmware for it, which is SUCH a pain in the neck...)

the release date for V has been changed from november to march. :( Not so easy to rhyme it with march.

epic

Agh, blehh. One might wonder why, too much competition during the autumn? Next year comes a new batch of comic superhero movies though, Iron Man amongst others as I seem to recall, but maybe it is slated for this year? Not sure.

Speaking of comics, somebody ought to make a live action trilogy about Akira... Each movie 2.5H long. Phwoarh! :D I'd say Jim Cameron ought to direct it, but I read he was working on Gunnm... Damn, that rocks.

Cameron directed one of the 2 IMO best of all time action movies (Aliens; the other's Robocop by Paul Verhoeven), he should be able to do a good job of that.

Guden Oden said:
Agh, blehh. One might wonder why, too much competition during the autumn?
London bombings, although officially they have some silly excuse not relating to that.

epic

Alan Moore has read the script and described it as "imbecilic." And since this film is by the Wachowski brothers, I doubt I'll even rent it.

John Reynolds said:
Alan Moore has read the script and described it as "imbecilic." And since this film is by the Wachowski brothers, I doubt I'll even rent it.
At least this time they're acknowledging where they're ripping off the idea from....
icon_twisted.gif

Is this based on the TV mini-series of the same name from the mid-80s? If so, WHY remake it?
icon_confused.gif

digitalwanderer said:
At least this time they're acknowledging where they're ripping off the idea from....
icon_twisted.gif

Is this based on the TV mini-series of the same name from the mid-80s? If so, WHY remake it?
icon_confused.gif

trying to make cash on established brand/trademark?
like Doom movie and so many others?

John Reynolds said:

They are?!

Hey that might mean it's gonna be a great first movie, then 2 sequels taken out of thin air for an already finished movie, but at least we'll get a special AniVendetta DVD of short stories.

John Reynolds said:
He did? It IS?!

Man, that sucks. You ruined my expectations of this movie... Meh. Oh well. Guess I'll go see it anyway and then having witnessed yet another Wachowski travesty go to bed clutching my beloved "V for Vendetta" graphic novel and cry myself to sleep. :LOL:

london-boy said:
They are?!

Hey that might mean it's gonna be a great first movie, then 2 sequels taken out of thin air for an already finished movie, but at least we'll get a special AniVendetta DVD of short stories.
:devilish:
The sequels are more than worthy to continue what the first movie started.

This thread ISN'T about the old reptile-aliens-from-outer-space TV series. Go make another thread if you want to discuss that.

Back