how much aer intel and amd worth? ( i cant understand the stock informations ;-)

booomups

Newcomer
I was really asking me this because, well, amd seems to be in a good position and should be worth about the same as intel (subjectiv).

I found on the amd site :

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/InvestorRelations/0,,51_306,00.html

and intel:

http://www.intel.com/intel/finance/index.htm

so, amd's rate is currently 33.78 usd
has a "total market capitalisation" of 13'609 and "outstanding share" of 404'609'000

so... should be 33.78 * (13'609+404'609'000) = 1.2 or 1.3 billion ( 1000'000'000 ? )

and intel 26.31 rate and a volume of 45'471'300 = 1.2 billion too..........

well... thats what i see and i guess i am thinking wrong.. somwhere...
I dont understand the terms in " " above and i dont think that Intel is worth only a small part of bill gates savings.

help me out, please.
(where is a guide to reading stock market informations ?)

thanks.

so... except for processors, I know that amd is producing some kind of memory........
owns its own chip fabrics................

except for the bigger market share and delivering great mobos........ what does intel do that makes them worth more?

(i dont mean the future plans like viiv and amd live.......)... well.. someho i care... ;-)
maybe wikipedia says something.

booomups said:
thanks.

so... except for processors, I know that amd is producing some kind of memory........
owns its own chip fabrics................

except for the bigger market share and delivering great mobos........ what does intel do that makes them worth more?

(i dont mean the future plans like viiv and amd live.......)... well.. someho i care... ;-)
maybe wikipedia says something.
AMD has recently been busy getting rid of its Flash memory division ("Spansion", which has been basically spun off into a separate company). For the time being, AMD doesn't really have anything of much interest other than its fab technology and x86 processor designs.

Intel makes a lot of chips other than just x86 CPUs: motherboards, northbridge/southbridge chipsets, Flash memory, Itanium CPUs, mobile application processors, network chips, and a vast amount of other stuff.

Back