How do I install the new BIOS drivers for my motherboard???

Re: How do I install the new BIOS drivers for my motherboard

JZeratul said:
http://www.asus.com.tw/support/down...8V SE Deluxe&Type=All&SLanguage=en-us

That is the link to the BIOS things, but when I download them, it is either just an unsupported file or some DOS window that just pops up and closes. How do I install the latest BIOS?

Two ways:

1. Download BIOS + BIOS flasher, put it on a floppy boot disk. Boot from disk, run flasher and give it BIOS name.

2. Download Windows flasher, install, then run flasher and follow directions to download BIOS and flash.

In either case it's ususally best to reset your current BIOS setting to default before you start, especially if you are overclocking.

I don't think windows flasher is working for me. It says No Communication in the Flasher Status. What do I do? How do I use it?

1. Make a DOS boot diskette with NO autoexec.bat and config.sys files. 2. Copy PHLASH.EXE, PLATFORM.BIN, and 83-0103A.ROM (say if you want to update to rev.0103) BIOS image files to this diskette.

How do I do that?

JZeratul said:
1. Make a DOS boot diskette with NO autoexec.bat and config.sys files. 2. Copy PHLASH.EXE, PLATFORM.BIN, and 83-0103A.ROM (say if you want to update to rev.0103) BIOS image files to this diskette.

How do I do that?

I know this in not your most recent question, but anyway:
DOS boot diskettes can be made by inserting a floppy in the disk drive (I assume a: ) and typing "format a: /s" in the DOS prompt.
Er... at least this was the way in ye olde days. Does it still work?

Back