Here's the deal: "Lazy Sunday"

I don't see too many American-isms in the video, so I can't call it "an American thing", even though it is Saturday Night Live.

The only things that might be foreign to non-Americans is Mr. Pibb (a Coca-Cola product that competes with Dr. Pepper (also probably not available in the UK)) and Red Vines, which is a branch of red-licorice whips.

It was the whole style, and the cupcakes with the gangsta rap style whilst funny wasn't something I associated british culture with. In that way I meant it's an american thing. Didn't even realise Mr Pibb was a product... I generally dont understand rap music (or most other types even) lyrics anyway.

Funny but not as funny to someone like me as it would be to an american average joe imo.

Tahir2 said:
It was the whole style, and the cupcakes with the gangsta rap style whilst funny wasn't something I associated british culture with. In that way I meant it's an american thing. Didn't even realise Mr Pibb was a product... I generally dont understand rap music (or most other types even) lyrics anyway.

Funny but not as funny to someone like me as it would be to an american average joe imo.

No I agree, and I thought about that after posting it. It's hard to put a finger on it, but it definitely is 'American' in nature, and I think you'd have to be at least partially immersed in the culture to catch some of the references.

But ah well....

Back