Heavenly Sword magazine coverage cranks up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanio

Legend
Just a heads up for anyone in Sweden - the inaugral issue of 'Level' magazine contains a preview of Heavenly Sword. Apparently a number of European magazine's upcoming issues feature it.

Yes, there are scans out there, but no, I'm not going to link to them here. But rest assured, it looks absolutely gorgeous :)

If any info is forthcoming from the article, I'll post it here.

I guess I should also say here, that Ninja Theory have launched their own message boards at http://www.ninjatheory.com/. Seems like HS may be finally coming out of its shell to some degree..:)

Titanio said:
Just a heads up for anyone in Sweden - the inaugral issue of 'Level' magazine contains a preview of Heavenly Sword. Apparently a number of European magazine's upcoming issues feature it.

Yes, there are scans out there, but no, I'm not going to link to them here. But rest assured, it looks absolutely gorgeous :)

If any info is forthcoming from the article, I'll post it here.

I guess I should also say here, that Ninja Theory have launched their own message boards at http://www.ninjatheory.com/. Seems like HS may be finally coming out of its shell to some degree..:)

Wow looks cool but to be honest it's not the graphics that are so impressive(to me) it just looks like really a cool\fun game. can't wait for real direct feed 720p\1080p pics to come online.

c0_re said:
Wow looks cool but to be honest it's not the graphics that are so impressive(to me) it just looks like really a cool\fun game. can't wait for real direct feed 720p\1080p pics to come online.

Me either. I think it's 720p, btw.

Unfortunately the guy who originally posted about this has done a hit-and-run so to speak, and left us without any info from the article :p Hopefully he'll re-emerge soon with some details.

the art looks great

I have no idea how to create good art ;), but I know it when I see it and this game is pretty

predicate said:
Looks great. Perhaps a little excessive on the glare, though...

Some of the pics going around have been colour-corrected by forum-goers, so depending on what you're seeing, it may give a false impression of the strength of any 'glare'. Some of them are way over-saturated. The coloring isn't perfect in the scans, but it's certainly not perfect in the 'corrected' versions either..

predicate said:
Looks great. Perhaps a little excessive on the glare, though...

Can you or somebody else PM me a link... I coulnd't find those scans for some reason. I must say that I understand that linking to scans is not allowed on the forums, but I think it's stupid rule, I can understand that you are not allowed to post scans, but linking should be allowed, if only to the site and not directly to the scans. Just imo.

I got the mag today. There´s no details or anyting new in the article at all. The screens look very nice though. Good lighting and detail.

May I suggest that the main character's face be changed. I am convinced that has to be the ugliest Asian woman I have ever seen.:devilish:

Mefisutoferesu said:
???

Am I the only one who thought it was exactly the same as the trailer?

THe only thing that you could argue was the streak left from a blade swing, but seeing as we have a view of the broader side of the strak in the scan compared to the orginal screens, I'm not sure if there is or isn't. Otherwise it really does look spot on.

it's the same as the in-game parts of the trailer. I think alot of people are expecting it to look the the realtime cinematics which, imo, looked quite a bit more impressive.

Personally, i think it looks great, there's something about this game just makes it seem like it would be really fun to play.

Why was my 2nd post deleted?? Whatever, fulcizombie's posts are gone, so I imagine who ever did it thought I was trolling. Please be a little more selective next time. I was noting differences, bad and good.

rounin said:
May I suggest that the main character's face be changed. I am convinced that has to be the ugliest Asian woman I have ever seen.:devilish:

LOL

I whole-heartedly agree. The ingame face is very... I like the cinematic version more.

Also, it seems there are quite a few changes actually.

-Rechecking the sword streaks are indeed downgraded, though the original was also polygonal just less so.

-I'm not sure, but soft shadows also seem to be missing from the characters, or at least it seems so... maybe over-exposure from the scanner?

-Positions seem vastly improved though, now the protaginst is actually gripping the blade. Her legs also look more "attached", while her shoulders seem less so?

-Her hair looks better IMO. More natural. I would love in alternate costum with her hair down in a kimono!!! </fetish> :devilish:

-LOL Watermelon are the new corn!

-The enemies have changed pretty drastically... no more blue skin and they seem more human. Or is it just different enemies? Also, the armor and clothing seem to have changed. Some have hair now?

-The lighting seems very different as well... I think for the better. Looking at the barrels in both the new barrels seem more real. They have more earth tones than grey fade tones. Could just be overexposure, again, though.

-More environmental shadows in the game, but could be do to the areas being different.

-Her socks look less polygonal? LOL I'm trying my best.

I'm tapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks fantastic. I actually like her face, very unique. I don't know why, it could be the scans, but I'm torn on whether or not it's better than the trailer. Close enough that I don't care, it looks amazing, and is my most wanted PS3 game.

I've closed this thread due to the amount of editing it has required - firstly because of the trolling and secondly because of the blatent scan swapping and discussions. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back