Got appraisals on Pathfinder & 350 today.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Over at Carmax we had our vehicles appraised today, and they're offering $19,500 to us for the Z and $6,500 for the Pathfinder. :oops:

I was kind of surprised at the Pathfinder's number, it's a 98 and manual transmission and they offered me $500 over the bluebook value.

(Last offer I had on the Pathfinder was Nissan offering $4k on it for a trade-in on the Z. :rolleyes: I still sort of regret not punching the guy for saying that)

So we have some really good numbers to work with, and are trying to decide what to do now. We owe about $18.5k on the Z, so the appraisal on that is all good with us too. :)

Over at Carmax we had our vehicles appraised today, and they're offering $19,500 to us for the Z and $6,500 for the Pathfinder. :oops:

I was kind of surprised at the Pathfinder's number, it's a 98 and manual transmission and they offered me $500 over the bluebook value.

(Last offer I had on the Pathfinder was Nissan offering $4k on it for a trade-in on the Z. :rolleyes: I still sort of regret not punching the guy for saying that)

So we have some really good numbers to work with, and are trying to decide what to do now. We owe about $18.5k on the Z, so the appraisal on that is all good with us too. :)

Nice sounding numbers :)

Have you hammered down what vehicles you are looking to replace your current "fleet" with?

Whats the missus looking at?

We're looking at bloody everything at this point! :LOL:

But the estimates happened because we took a 2007 Altima SE out for a test drive. They didn't have a manual so my wife tried the CVT tranny and really liked it.

The guy at the Nissan place recommended we get an appraisal from Carmax as it's free and they often pay more than the dealer, found out at Carmax that the Nissan guy used to work their so it's all good. :)

The price they gave us on the Z was the bluebook for a 2004 Z in "excellent" condition, and to be honest ours ain't. We still haven't gotten the body work done from my wife's accident, the tires are bald as hell, and the passenger side door handle fell off...but they're giving us top dollar for it. :???:

Next step is to have Nissan appraise it and see what they'd give us on trade-in, but we're not too worried now. The Carmax quote will cover what we owe on it and give us a bit over a grand in cash. :)

I'm really torn about what to do on my Pathfinder, they really over-valued her. I'm just not sure I could find as nice a ride for $6,500...but I'm pretty sure I could get something decent for $2000-3000 and then let my wife use the balance down on her new car to get the monthly payments down.

Back