German Spam?

KimB

Legend
Being an American who speaks enough German to say Schweinhund (that's it...I always get confused wether "no" is "nein" or "niet"), I've been somewhat perplexed as of late to be receiving approximately 15-20 German spam e-mails a day. I have reason to believe that this is related to this website. Since spammers these days frequently send e-mail from peoples' computers with return e-mails taken from that person's address books, this is probably because one or more persons at Beyond3D has a virus that is spitting out these spam e-mails.

So please, please check your computers for viruses. Especially if you're living in Germany. This German spam e-mail is most perplexing and I'd be very happy to be rid of it.

And Symantec do a free removal tool as well - my poor inbox is full of German email, so please download it and check your systems. Either that or I'm going to have to fork out more money for my site host to have better spam removal.

Neeyik said:
And Symantec do a free removal tool as well - my poor inbox is full of German email, so please download it and check your systems. Either that or I'm going to have to fork out more money for my site host to have better spam removal.
Meh, just use Thunderbird and have it all shunted to a junk folder. It learns pretty quickly what you think is spam and what isn't.

Chalnoth said:
Neeyik said:
Meh, just use Thunderbird and have it all shunted to a junk folder. It learns pretty quickly what you think is spam and what isn't.
So does Outlook but that's not the point - I still get the spam; I want it removed further down the chain so I don't have to download several hundred email per day.

I hate spam with a mad raging passion. But German spam? That's just wrong on a whole new level.

RussSchultz said:
I get chinese spam. Or did. A product of giving my business card out to customers.
Well, yeah, I somewhat expected that, though. Been getting it for some time. It's just this recent explosion in volume of German spam that I don't understand (in a four-hour span yesterday I got 22 German spam e-mails, and one other).

Chalnoth said:
RussSchultz said:
I get chinese spam. Or did. A product of giving my business card out to customers.
Well, yeah, I somewhat expected that, though. Been getting it for some time. It's just this recent explosion in volume of German spam that I don't understand (in a four-hour span yesterday I got 22 German spam e-mails, and one other).

It's just another sober variant packed with nazi stuff and launched by some neo-nazi kid I guess. You get mails from infected machines.

Back