"forumers (is that what you call yourselves? :) )"

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
A strange line from a fun conversation I had earlier, but it got me to wondering just what everyone DOES consider themselves if they're refering to their posting up at forums activities.

I just thought of it as "posting", and if anything mebbe considered meself "a member of the forum"....but never a "forumer". :?

If anything I'd prefer something like a "board-jockey", y'know muchly more Gibson/cyber-punky. ;)

I just figured it'd be an interesting question, I'm quite bored and going nuts waiting for the 'morrow.

Re: "forumers (is that what you call yourselves? :) )&q

digitalwanderer said:
A strange line from a fun conversation I had earlier, but it got me to wondering just what everyone DOES consider themselves if they're refering to their posting up at forums activities.

Sad?

I tend to talk about community and natives. Tho I think in terms of specific forums, rather than macro across all forums. . . But then I don't hold a candle compared to you in promiscuous virtual relationships. ;)

mito said:
I'm a "senior member" with less than 400 posts... :oops:
But only a three-dot senior member. ;)

I do see some tribal behavoir amongst the boards, but I tend to frequent the ones who like to also deal with other communities rather than go the isolationist route.

Sites that are isolationists tend to be not too good after a while. :?

mito said:
Examples of isolationists forums?
That's hard 'cause it's kind of like asking, "Well, what forums suck then?"....but I'll go out on a limb since it's me and I'm a dick anyways. :devilish:

A couple of good examples for me would be nVnews and [H]ard, but as in all things it's cyclic if you're lucky and not a permanent condition.

I like [H]ard and got some friends there, and I think they've been doing a really good job lately...but during the FX fiasco when they were pushing the whole "REAL WORLD GAMING" thing I'd say they were going isolationist for a while in an attempt to deny the truth.

After the nV40 came out, they started being cool again.

Same for nVnews, but they were even weirder and still are without showing any signs of improvement. :?

Any forum you go to that dismisses the ideas of other forums just because they come from other forums would be a simplistic explanation I guess, but it's generally only when their ideas can't hold up to public inspection that sites go that route.

(I don't know if that made sense or not, but I gave it a shot.)

I tend to think about myself as sleepy and tired, and helps me stay awake (esp. today) and not a forumer

we are internet wizards, how about that? :D

Back