For vintage guitar freaks (second try)

_xxx_

Banned
Since something went wrong with the first thread, here's a second try.

This is the beauty I just acquired, the early 90's US Kramer Pacer Imperial. Perfect condition, like new. This guitar was one of my dream axes when I was a teenager, it's just beautiful. EDIT: got it on Ebay for laughable 130€!

ec_1_b.JPG

82_1_b.JPG

be_1_b.JPG

The rest of the collection is:

Kramer Pacer Custom (very much like the above, but in black)
Hamer Centaura

Eko M-24, absolute beauty
Carvin Bolt-on

I just decided to start collecting those vintage Kramers. They're just so dirt cheap these days, but fantastic guitars now as then.

Just wanted to share some happiness... :D

EDIT: the pics are not from me, I'd never have such colours/furniture in my house!

Last edited by a moderator:
pocketmoon66 said:
That makes me feel old! I used to think a 60's strat was vintage :)

Of course, but Kramers ceased to exist in early 90's and thus there are not that many left out there. Being the guitar of EVERY metal guitar god back then AND superb instruments as well, it's understandable.

Congrats.

I go into local guitar shops quite freaqently and try out all lot of different models. Not too long ago I got a chance to try a Malmsteen Fender Strat with a scalloped neck.

Brimstone said:
Congrats.

I go into local guitar shops quite freaqently and try out all lot of different models. Not too long ago I got a chance to try a Malmsteen Fender Strat with a scalloped neck.

Yeah, I'd like one too but it costs a bit too much. I also can't use his pickups, they're just too weak for a normal rig like mine (he uses very weak pickups and a separate preamp in the FX-loop to boost the signal to usable levels).

Die die die die!!!!

I only own a crappy Epiphone LP-100, and a Ibanez acoustic guitar. Both were sub 300$ (i'm a poor student). Ahm, and my really cheap bouzouki.

Hector said:
Die die die die!!!!

I only own a crappy Epiphone LP-100, and a Ibanez acoustic guitar. Both were sub 300$ (i'm a poor student). Ahm, and my really cheap bouzouki.

You ought to check out some Ebay auctions, as said above this one was mere 130€ and my Pacer Custom was only 150€. That should be well within your range I guess and you'll find beauties like these rather often there starting at 0.

EDIT: I also had an old Kramer Baretta I bought for 150€, I sold it for 600€ :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kramer Imp is a neo-classic. I gave mine to a cousin. Good arbitrage & fine pickup (PTP) on the Strat.

stevem said:
The Kramer Imp is a neo-classic. I gave mine to a cousin. Good arbitrage & fine pickup (PTP) on the Strat.

My Strat got a trio of DiMarzio FS-1, just as any Strat I ever used.

Back