Final fantasy VII on PS3!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankari

Regular
Hi, my name's Sean Nunan. This is a scan from a magazine my student from Japan had.

He said all he can translate at the moment was that the game has finished 'design status'. When possible, he will translate whole article. I'll update you all.

Here is a link in case the attachment doesn't work.

hp0053ph7.jpg

:LOL:

Its technically not a scan since its most definately fake so I thought it was alright to post the scan.

Just wanted to post this because I'm sure it makes peoples hearts jump, we can only dream that this will be reality someday. :D

Plus, this is as great rumor as MGS4 going Xbox360. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it kinda hard to believe. I mean XIII is only @ like 10% completion, and XIII versus is at like 2%. And with square debunking a VII remake every other month, it doesnt sound right.

Maybe you can buy the PSP version through the Playstation online store for the PS3, as a downloadable game? That would spread the risk for them a little, and it would offer a new Final Fantasy title for PS3 owners much earlier than any full price version ...

hp0053ph7.jpg

:LOL:

Its technically not a scan since its most definately fake so I thought it was alright to post the scan.

Just wanted to post this because I'm sure it makes peoples hearts jump, we can only dream that this will be reality someday. :D

Plus, this is as great rumor as MGS4 going Xbox360. :)

Damn you man! You got me excited!!! :LOL:

they translated this on NeoGaf. Its all speculations and rumors, nothing concrete...
But the picture is nice. :)

You gotta love what you can do with photoshop these days. :p

The pic doesn't really look like FF7 to me.
I don't remember enemies that looked like those from FF7, especially not in a desert, but their poly budget looks a bit low, as does the whole desert scene there.

And I'm not sure what character is supposed to be fighting them. I'd guess it's supposed to be Cloud, but it looks more like Squall to me (looks more like the gun blade than the buster, and I think squall used that fighting posture and not cloud), and either way it could have been ripped out of some FMV sequence. FF8 had plenty that still look great, and Cloud was just in a full featured movie....

The pic doesn't really look like FF7 to me.
I don't remember enemies that looked like those from FF7, especially not in a desert, but their poly budget looks a bit low, as does the whole desert scene there.

And I'm not sure what character is supposed to be fighting them. I'd guess it's supposed to be Cloud, but it looks more like Squall to me (looks more like the gun blade than the buster, and I think squall used that fighting posture and not cloud), and either way it could have been ripped out of some FMV sequence. FF8 had plenty that still look great, and Cloud was just in a full featured movie....

To be blunt, this was already proven false over on the PS3 forums. It's just an amalgamation of scene parts from Advent Children. The small size and low resolution does a good job obscuring it, but you can tell if you look.

I would hope so, that menu was cool back in 1999, but all that blue box stuff looks a little dated. :LOL:
But advent children was a pretty cool movie, square should of released that instead of spirits within (gah...).

Well, I didn't want to rain on the hope, but the article is half gibberish actually which says how true it is ;)

To be blunt, this was already proven false over on the PS3 forums. It's just an amalgamation of scene parts from Advent Children. The small size and low resolution does a good job obscuring it, but you can tell if you look.

Yeah, Cloud kind of looks like a scene from the trailer, actually. Plus, why would he be in a running pose when it should be on the "waiting" portion of the battle?

Nope, he was temp-banned for something else. Anyway, you still want to talk about the glory days of FF7 or should I lock it?

Ah, sorry to bring that up then.

As for the thread, its up to you of course, but personally I dont see the point of this thread other than wishful thinking and a good laugh. :LOL: It's obviously fake as it was stated. Square denies this everytime it comes up, they are focused on FFXIII and FFXIII Versus. As much as I would love a remake, it seems redundant to keep bringing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back