Favorite Weapons?

betan

Veteran
RFOM:
Bullseye (tagging),
Auger (with shield=perfect corridor shooter),
Laark (air break + heat seakers = no escape)

Numerous PS2 R&C games:
transformer beams

HL2:
Gravity gun

COD4:
Silenced M4 (Weak but effective at all ranges)

disclaimer: Thread is shamelessly inspired by one from gaf, seen after following a link in one of Patsu's posts.

RFOM:
* Human: Carbine with 40mm grenade, Chimera: BullsEye
* Auger (Not just corridor shooter, it's an excellent weapon for enclosed area).
* Farsight
* Hedgehog grenade

UT3:
* I can never remember the weapons' names, but I think it's the rocket launcher.

R&C:
* The heat seeking missiles
* Mr. Zurkon
* The Swamp
* Confuzzler
* Disco Ball
... just to name a few

EoJ:
* Venoan Assassin
* Bewitching Elf Archeress

UT series: Flack cannon!

Gears: Err, dunno, probably torque bow is most fun. Powerful but strong learning curve. Lots of fun to play with.

The Brute shot in Halo 3 is pretty fun, and another gun, brute spikers, love to dual wield those. Also the gravity hammer. I seem to enjoy weapons that involve lobbing explosives at things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love shotguns. Particular favorites are both of Doom's, both of Outlaw's, Turok 2's, Timesplitter 2's Tactical 12-Gauge, and Max Payne's Sawed-Off. I didn't care for the shotguns in Quake 1-3 or Halo.

Resistance

The carbine. Its the weapon I most often use online. Its accurate enough to use for sniping and perfect for headshots. No other weapon is more fun to use when you can kill your opponents with 11 perfect headshots, or 7 if you play as chimera. And you get to start with this if play as human. Sadly there is the 40 mm grenade pick-up for this gun. Which is to powerful with its 1 shot kill. And you get people with the bad habit of camping next to its spawn point.

Halflife 2

The gravity gun. Lot of fun throwing stuff around with this, although its a little selective in what you can and can not pick up. I should be able to catch headcrabs in mid air and use them to paint the walls red.

Portal

The portal gun. 1 of the most innovative guns around. Makes for some great gameplay possibility's

Lets see...

HL2 - Gravity gun
Doom 3 - Chainsaw
Crysis - Fists
X3 - Kyon Emitters
Stalker - Groza
UT3 - Flak Cannon
Hitman contracts/Blood Money - Piano wire
BF2 - The new sniper rifle from patch or BF2:SF expansion
Oblivion - My summoned slaves
BG1/2 - Staff of Rynn, Flail of Ages (fully assembled), Lilarcor (it entertains me with ramblings), Holy Avenger, Crom Faeyr (covers weapon for each member)
Fear - Nail Gun
Nexus Jupiter Incident - Nuke warheads

Halo: sniper rifle. For some reason it always stands out as the ultimate gun for me since it's so effective and easy to use. Runner up is dual-wielded spikers, and possibly the gravity hammer.
Doom 1+2: BFG. What a great idea for a gun.
UT series: Flak cannon
Half Life 2: Grav gun.. obvious, but such a great idea.
Gears: Lancer. The first gun you get, but it's immensely satisfying creeping up and sawing a locust after some careful strategic cover-fire run and gunning
Max Payne: shotgun. So many laugh-out-loud moments slo-mo dive + shotty + physics fun.

Not much else stands out unfortunately. Duke3D's freeze gun was good fun but I always managed to freeze myself !

Back