Factory O/C graphic card using cooling reference ?

NonNative

Newcomer
I've read alot of website and many questioned about o/ced version or not o/c version.Someone replied that most of factory o/ced graphic cards using same cooling as non o/c version.So its better idea to buy non o/c version and o/c by yourself.

Another question is anyone know how ASUS GamerOSD work ?

According to this
"The ASUS EN8800GTS Series also comes with the ASUS GamerOSD, which unleashes the true power of ASUS’ VGA cards. This feature is able to deliver GPU overclocking from onscreen displays during gameplay – allowing users real-time performance upgrades when they require it. Additionally, it also provides users with the option to record live gaming action or live broadcasting over the Internet with ease."

When it need to O/C ? FPS below than 30 ? and what it will o/c ? Shader core or memory ?

From my limited understanding of it, factory oc'd cards tend to use "gold" parts (the ones that come out of the process with the highest quality)

From my limited understanding of it, factory oc'd cards tend to use "gold" parts (the ones that come out of the process with the highest quality)

No, most of the 8800gt factory OC'ed cards using reference (worth 2$) cooler.

Factory OC'ed cards its for avarage customers who don't know how can OC a card and save that 20$ what paid for 30mhz incrase.

I've read alot of website and many questioned about o/ced version or not o/c version.Someone replied that most of factory o/ced graphic cards using same cooling as non o/c version.So its better idea to buy non o/c version and o/c by yourself.

Another question is anyone know how ASUS GamerOSD work ?

According to this
"The ASUS EN8800GTS Series also comes with the ASUS GamerOSD, which unleashes the true power of ASUS’ VGA cards. This feature is able to deliver GPU overclocking from onscreen displays during gameplay – allowing users real-time performance upgrades when they require it. Additionally, it also provides users with the option to record live gaming action or live broadcasting over the Internet with ease."

Vr-zone ASUS 8800gts review
On to the overclocking, we pretty much maxed out the options on Asus' overclocking utility raising the GPU to 750MHz, Shader Clocks to 2000MHz and the memory to 2140MHz! All these on just the stock cooler!

This is a reference card with 650/1625/1940 clock speeds.

When it need to O/C ? FPS below than 30 ? and what it will o/c ? Shader core or memory ?

Many new game what runs avarage at great playable framrate have less minimum frame than 24, so just find the max. stable clock speed and use always at 3D :smile:

EVGA has a BIOS update for their 8800GT cards that increases fan speeds. If that clues you into things a bit.

Back