Ever wanted to have a sixth sense? Now you can

PARANOiA

Veteran
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,71087-0.html

What if, seconds before your laptop began stalling, you could feel the hard drive spin up under the load? Or you could tell if an electrical cord was live before you touched it? For the few people who have rare earth magnets implanted in their fingers, these are among the reported effects -- a finger that feels electromagnetic fields along with the normal sense of touch.

Appliance cords in the United States give off a 60-Hz field, a sensation with which Huffman has become intimately familiar. "It is a light, rapid buzz," he says.

How random.

Better not handle any magnetic media with those fingers tho... ;) Rare earth magnets are very powerful for their size, tho I guess these ones are probably quite small.

Also, it's not like we use floppies every day anymore. Not sure what would happen to the magnetic strip of all those plastic cards we're forced to use on a near daily basis however. :-?

Well, they claim it's not strong enough to erase credit cards, which are designed to resist a fair amount of magnetic field before erasure.

K.I.L.E.R said:
Why would you want a 6th sense when people don't even have common sense? :LOL:

Anyone else laughing at the irony here?

Kiler, you make for some of the best laughs around this forum.

Well, my wife and I read each other's minds. You laugh, but it's true. Not perfect (thank god!), but its had enough field tests over 11 years to convince me its true. We don't have to be in the same room to do it, either.

I want to test this.
Spend 5 minutes thinking about me and have your wife relay your thoughts to you and then post them here. :D

geo said:
Well, my wife and I read each other's minds. You laugh, but it's true. Not perfect (thank god!), but its had enough field tests over 11 years to convince me its true. We don't have to be in the same room to do it, either.

K.I.L.E.R said:
I want to test this.
Spend 5 minutes thinking about me and have your wife relay your thoughts to you and then post them here. :D
You know, thats not a bad idea. :) Geo spend a few minutes thinking of kiler. Let us know if your wife senses him.

epic

Back