Enthusia Professional Racing for PS2

Phil

wipEout bastard
Veteran
Admittedly, I haven't been paying too much attention to this game for sometime. This certainly will change.

[url=http://ps2.ign.com/articles/571/571155p1.html said:
ps2.ign.com[/url]]Among the new features unveiled is the more realistic control scheme, which utilizes a non-linear pressure-sensitive throttle to give players complete management of their acceleration, deceleration, side brake, and clutch. Speaking of the side brake, it can be initiated independently of the regular brake via the R1 button while L1 controls the clutch. When used together, the two triggers will allow players to customize their own drift styles and increase the natural revs of the car more quickly. For less adept players, however, an automatic clutch will be an option as well.

...and here are some the results of its physics engine:
http://www.konamistudio.co.jp/enthusia/enthusia_TGS/enthusia_GC/Media/ADSL/movie02.wmv

IMHO, this may be the first racer to interest me even more than Gran Turismo 4. It certainly looks very impressive and with a button for controlling the clutch, I think I may be definately sold.

Definately a game to keep an eye out on...

hehe, I guess so. I've been wanting a clutch in racing games ever since I played F355 in the arcades! :D

Still can't quite imagine playing it though... having all shoulder buttons for gear-shifting and clutch / hand-brake doesn't seem to confortable and would lack necessary precision IMO.... but with the Enthusia Racing wheel with the clutch.... *muahahahah* :D <-- happy

now I just hope that they have some of the cars in it I like and I'm so sold! :oops:

If you have a clutch in your car, you should have a clutch in your sims, I say. If they FORCE it, though, they'll probably lose a lot of players. But I assume that, like most games, they'll have different modes and the ability to play clutch-less in addition to the usual manual/automatic ones.

If you have a clutch in your car, you should have a clutch in your sims, I say. If they FORCE it, though, they'll probably lose a lot of players.
That would be putting it mildly - heck, most casuals can't even cope with the idea of analog acceleration.

Anyway, funny thing is that most driving games that use any semblance of real phyiscs under the hood also simulate clutch and a bunch of other things internally. Just doesn't seem like a good gameplay element to expose I guess :p
Btw, I was under impression that GT supported manual clutch when you play with steering wheel?

I got the game in the post this morning. I shall give it a good seeing to later tonight, so impressions and videos later. :)

Back