Does anyone here own one of these Ferrari LCDs by Acer?

NANOTEC

Banned
http://us.acer.com/acereuro/page4.d...Param=US&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=292978189

Ferrari_F20_normal.jpg

If not does anyone plan on buying one? They're pretty affordable at less than $500.

Acer monitors doesn't have good fame around here, but it might be just popular knowledge. You know, one friend tells another, and such.

I've read some user comments and it seems to be good but not among the best.

BTW, there's a TV-tuner in there, too.

EDIT: doh, it was the F-19 I was talking about, this is the successor as it seems

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about that monitor. But Acer Ferrari 3400 laptop screens sucks really bad. OK, it's probably not related more than the name. I just had to vent. Pick any of the classical complaints about LCDs, they are all true for those screens.

[Edit]
Added the italic part above.
I was talking specifically about the screen on that laptop here. It wasn't ment as a broad statement for all LCDs.

BRiT said:
I dont see why anyone buying a 20" LCD monitor would get anything other than the Dell series as they're usually selling for around $384.

Dells have nice performance, but asthetics are fugly. Anyway my brother's Acer 1951 just arrived and it has THREE BAD PIXELS! One black, one blue, and one green. It's going back tommorrow.:devilish:

NANOTEC said:
Dells have nice performance, but asthetics are fugly. Anyway my brother's Acer 1951 just arrived and it has THREE BAD PIXELS! One black, one blue, and one green. It's going back tommorrow.:devilish:

None of the Dell LCDs I've used have had any dead pixels, including my own 24" 2405 and an early 18". At the one client's site they have hundreds of Dell LCDs, of which I've used about 20 different 20" 2001s and 40 different 20" 2005s all without any dead pixels. It's amazing to see a major financial institution upgrade everyone in their processing division (~1800 workers at the one location) from a bulky 19" CRT to single or dual 20" LCDs.

The 17" TFT Acer monitors haven't been very reliable in my experience. My company bought about 20 of them less than a year ago (because they were very cheap) and more than half of them have had to be sent back.

Acer say its the inverter board on the screens, but even the ones they send back still go wrong...

Haha so happy now. The replacement arrived and there is only one bad pixel, BUT it's not stuck, instead it jusk kinda fades in and out and eventually switches to the correct color.:LOL:

Back