Do you know who you're talking to?

mcsven

Newcomer
This story amused me, so I thought I'd post it up here. Aintitcoolnews.com, a site I frequent for movie news, hosted a rather unique even the other week. A contributor called Vern wrote a rant about Die Hard 4 being a PG-13. All well and good. However it got interesting when Bruce Willis logged on and started to mix it up with the people that comment on the site ('Talkbackers'). In the end he provided some chap with a wecam photo here to prove it was him. Reading through the comments, Willis looks to have been remarkably civil in the face of some flaming.

I wonder what famous people are into 3D hardware? :) I remember reading, way back when, about someone taking Asia Carrera into a 3dfx trade show because she was into 3D stuff. Maybe one of the old-hands remembers (or was there!).

I wonder what famous people are into 3D hardware? :) I remember reading, way back when, about someone taking Asia Carrera into a 3dfx trade show because she was into 3D stuff. Maybe one of the old-hands remembers (or was there!).

Steve who does most of the news at [H] also had/has (haven't been there in a while) his own site Hypothermia (?) and Asia was a fan, provided some pics, etc.

IIRC, she played UT a lot. :p

As much as I want to agree with this poster in terms of the PG-13 rating, the fact remains his big mouth got him into trouble. The cardinal rule of internet attention whoring is "anonymity will disperse any legitimate threats." Well, it's good to see that's not the case here. But this isn't the first time someone's actions online have gotten them in over their heads. I seem to recall someone in WoW who frequently preyed on another individual's girlfriend by camping her consistently and killing her, ended up getting his home invaded by the girl's boyfriend and his friends who eventually broke the hands of the player, trashed his place then destroyed his computer.

I seem to recall someone in WoW who frequently preyed on another individual's girlfriend by camping her consistently and killing her, ended up getting his home invaded by the girl's boyfriend and his friends who eventually broke the hands of the player, trashed his place then destroyed his computer.
Well everyone hates campers, I can sort of see that one. :yep2:

As much as I want to agree with this poster in terms of the PG-13 rating, the fact remains his big mouth got him into trouble. The cardinal rule of internet attention whoring is "anonymity will disperse any legitimate threats." Well, it's good to see that's not the case here. But this isn't the first time someone's actions online have gotten them in over their heads. I seem to recall someone in WoW who frequently preyed on another individual's girlfriend by camping her consistently and killing her, ended up getting his home invaded by the girl's boyfriend and his friends who eventually broke the hands of the player, trashed his place then destroyed his computer.

i think your example is just a good one of people with real problems. Nothing someone says or does to you in a game is worth jail time for and planning, tracking, and assaulting someone is a pretty serious crime.

i think your example is just a good one of people with real problems. Nothing someone says or does to you in a game is worth jail time for and planning, tracking, and assaulting someone is a pretty serious crime.

Obviously it's not the only instance where injury has resulted from something online related. I've read countless examples of MMO-related injuries/assaults/deaths, and thats MMO's alone, not including other genres of games that may have resulted in other crimes. It's passe to lean on the GTA series when a kid goes out and steals a car. Or point out the fact that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold greatly enjoyed Doom. Levels of mental stability can't really be gauged merely by our glimpse of the events portrayed by the blasphemous news media. Who knows? My example case, the couple may have been completely mentally stable, and the idea was a spur of the moment ordeal, or the conjuration of a drunken situation presented to one another.

Obviously it's not the only instance where injury has resulted from something online related. I've read countless examples of MMO-related injuries/assaults/deaths, and thats MMO's alone, not including other genres of games that may have resulted in other crimes.

Well in all fairness other games dont require you to spend 20 hours to get your uber sword of fire and ice with +4 agility and charisma with a shock damage effect which is certainly worth snapping a few necks to re-acquire should it somehow find its way out of your characters possession without your consent. Wars have been started for less!

Ah, I remember seeing her on an HBO show. She did show off her PC gaming and she had a few computer related books on her bookshelf. I was impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also know her because of Unreal Tournament... uh...heh well not really :LOL:.
I remember reading that She has a quite high IQ and that she is a member of MENSA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back