Deus Ex is really real. It's fact and not fiction.

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70117-0.html?tw=rss.index
http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=98861

Do a google for "nanotechnology health". In particular, read the first 3 websites that pops up in google, specifically the first 2 arcticles that popup on Ethicsweb, and the one on Hazard. Believe me, after you read up on nanotech (or AtomTech as it's properly named), you will be thinking twice on whether it's a good thing or not.

What's the big deal? Lemme put it this way: there is a saying in the industry in regards to nanotech, "Nanotechnology, or AtomTech, has the potential to be the next best thing to sliced bread.. or asbestos." 'Nuff said.

Anyone remember Deus Ex?
Gray death?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Death

Deus Ex is a prediction of what our future will be.

I never achieved to really get into Deus Ex because the graphics sucks (and I'm really tolerant about graphics, I can enjoy good graphics from 1992), and the controls are more complex than a flight simulator.

Same here. I might have been able to look past the graphics if I didn't have to remap a million and one things to my left handed keboard layout, but as it stands I never even beat the demo.

Well, this just states that we need to do work to ensure that the nanotechnology that we put into use is safe. We're so far away from the understanding required to produce something like the "Grey Death" it's not funny.

This is simply because basically, we have no nanomachines as of now. All that we have are nanostructures and nanoparticles. These are just structures that are smaller than hundreds of atoms in one direction (ex. ultra-thin wires), or molecules with interesting properties (such as carbon nanotubes). We're much too far away from the understanding required to produce our own nanomachines, so at the moment we're limited to tweaking the nanomachines that exist within living organisms.

So basically you're saying that FEMA will not try to poison me anytime soon?

Chalnoth said:
Well, this just states that we need to do work to ensure that the nanotechnology that we put into use is safe. We're so far away from the understanding required to produce something like the "Grey Death" it's not funny.

This is simply because basically, we have no nanomachines as of now. All that we have are nanostructures and nanoparticles. These are just structures that are smaller than hundreds of atoms in one direction (ex. ultra-thin wires), or molecules with interesting properties (such as carbon nanotubes). We're much too far away from the understanding required to produce our own nanomachines, so at the moment we're limited to tweaking the nanomachines that exist within living organisms.

kyleb said:
Same here. I might have been able to look past the graphics if I didn't have to remap a million and one things to my left handed keboard layout, but as it stands I never even beat the demo.

The thing that really bugged me about the demo was the second mission was really a huge let down compared to the first. Also you couldn't get through it without killing people, and that was something I was having a fun time avoiding. sigh.

Blazkowicz_ said:
I never achieved to really get into Deus Ex because the graphics sucks (and I'm really tolerant about graphics, I can enjoy good graphics from 1992), and the controls are more complex than a flight simulator.

The graphics become betterr in later levels, but for a game of this age, I think the gfx are ok.

As for controls, you really need just a few buttons for the regular playing. Once you found the perfect setting, it's all goodey. I'm left-handed too and had no problems whatsoever.

And it's definitely one of the best games ever, I'd recommend you try it again :)

Graham said:
The thing that really bugged me about the demo was the second mission was really a huge let down compared to the first. Also you couldn't get through it without killing people, and that was something I was having a fun time avoiding. sigh.

There are only three situations in the game where killing is a must, so it's not that bad.

_xxx_ said:
There are only three situations in the game where killing is a must, so it's not that bad.
The only one you cannot avoid killing is Anna.

Back