Creative Audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2zs_notebook/

Well, I thought this market niche was unfilled and I guess Creative agrees. Nice to see what could be a real audio solution for notebooks. Those USB things don't cut it for games.

The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Notebook also provides encompassing 7.1 surround sound for Dolby® Digital EX as well as DTS-ES™ supported DVD movies; any DirectSound3D games and CMSS 3D virtualized 7.1 stereo music. Gamers will love the hardware accelerated EAX® 4.0 ADVANCED HD™ that not only brings games to life, but delivers maximum performance! Musicians will also enjoy true 24-bit recording and low latency ASIO support for the ultimate audio recording platform. Notebook audio just got very, very interesting!

Sounds like it may finally bring hardware acellerated 3D audio and EAX to notebooks. The performance hit that my notebook's realtek codec brings just sucks when you turn on any serious 3D options. This thing also seems to bring ASIO for some fun potential DJ-ing too! About time....the professional PCMCIA audio cards were useful for the latter, but they suck for games.

swaaye said:
Musicians will also enjoy true 24-bit recording and low latency ASIO support for the ultimate audio recording platform. Notebook audio just got very, very interesting!

What an utter lie. I sooo hate Creative...

Sounds like it may finally bring hardware acellerated 3D audio and EAX to notebooks.

I wonder what's gonna happen to its bugs? Come with these fancy functions? ;)

This thing also seems to bring ASIO for some fun potential DJ-ing too! About time....the professional PCMCIA audio cards were useful for the latter, but they suck for games.

And this one will be sux for any musician, music production purpose - Creative is usually low-quality.

Be careful - go and test it before you buy it.

Yeah I'm skeptical too. But, guess what, there are no other manufacturers making decent gaming PCMCIA cards....so I'm sorta interested. I will probably wait for reviews though.

Back