Could This Be The PS3 Download Service Killer App?

Hardknock

Veteran
David Jaffe and Incognito's secret PlayStation 3 project has been revealed as Criminal Crackdown, a downloadable action/party game running at 60 fps in 1080p. With big names on board and "the right" numbers, could this be the first in a series of Xbox Live Arcade killers?

Jaffe has suggested that Criminal Crackdown will lead a wave of "shorter, less expensive" titles (developed in under a year, and presumably distributed digitally) created by established development studios -- the future of the industry, he supposes. But is a throwback arcade romp (with just four levels) what the PS3 was built for?

VIDEO: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=wmv&id=14203

Rumored to be around $15. I think it looks really fun. Don't know about the price though. What do you guys think?

Yep I like it. But if it's over $10 it can only sell to a certain amount of people. I can't see hundreds of thousands of people buying the game for $15.

$10 would be a perfect price for it. Looks really fun though, it seems like a throwback to jaffe's orginal twisted metal with a nice twist. :)

I just wish it were coming out sooner.

$10 would be a perfect price for it. Looks really fun though, it seems like a throwback to jaffe's orginal twisted metal with a nice twist. :)

I just wish it were coming out sooner.

Yeah Jaffe pissed me off with that release date. At first he was acting like it was going to come out this year or at launch.

Yeah, the date was the only dissapointing about it. Kinda cool how this game came out of left field though, I dont think anybody expected jaffe to work on a game of this scale. Anyways, it should be a fun online game with a couple friends.

Kinda like Micro Machines with a capture the flag mode. I've had some multiplayer fun with Smugglers Run's capture the flag modes, but not $10 worth. I'd need a demo if I'm to get sold on the idea. Should look very good at 1080p 60 fps though!

Back