Copperfield finds the Fountain of Youth

_xxx_

Banned
(OT: mods, we need the LOL smiley for the titles please)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060815/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_copperfield

"I've discovered a true phenomenon," he told Reuters in a telephone interview. "You can take dead leaves, they come in contact with the water, they become full of life again. ... Bugs or insects that are near death, come in contact with the water, they'll fly away. It's an amazing thing, very, very exciting."

Copperfield, who turns 50 next month, said he had hired biologists and geologists to examine its potential effect on humans but he's not inviting visitors to swim in or drink from it just yet.

Great stuff, still can't stop laughing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

EDIT:
this quote from Digg is also great:
Hope he writes a book and makes a religion out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO!

How shall he demonstrate it's effects? "Is there somebody dead in the audience that would like to participate? Oh, you look good and dead...*sip* now look as death leaves the person!!"

That's impossible. I have the only fountain of youth.

...at least, that's what I tell all the girls I meet. :(

Master illusionist David Copperfield says he has found the "Fountain of Youth" in the southern Bahamas, amid a cluster of four tiny islands he recently bought for $50 million (26.4 million pounds).
One of his islands in the Exuma chain, Musha Cay, is a private resort that rents for up to $300,000 a week and the other islands serve as buffers to keep prying eyes away from celebrity guests on the white sand beaches.

Awwwww.... lucky bastard! I mean what's the chances or buying some islands to rent out for shit loads of cash and ... oooppp looky here what do we have?! Some people get all the luck!

Heh, if the rent is like that, it means that there are actually people out there who pay that... Personally i don't know what's worse, the landlord setting the price so high, or the tennant who actually pays that amount of money in rent.

Heh, if the rent is like that, it means that there are actually people out there who pay that... Personally i don't know what's worse, the landlord setting the price so high, or the tennant who actually pays that amount of money in rent.

Here's whats worse: there are police, firefighters and soldiers around the world putting their lives on the line everyday soley for the purpose of helping others, while this JOKE makes millions by sitting in a fucking pool for a week, or in a glass box for a month.

Jim Norton said:
while this JOKE makes millions by sitting in a fucking pool for a week, or in a glass box for a month.
First of all: That's David Blaine. A different guy entirely.

Secondly: That sentiment could apply to every sports star, actor, pop musician, whatever in the entertainment industry. What in particular pisses you off about magicians?

First of all: That's David Blaine. A different guy entirely.

Secondly: That sentiment could apply to every sports star, actor, pop musician, whatever in the entertainment industry. What in particular pisses you off about magicians?

You're right, that was Blaine.

I'm glad you asked that. The ENTIRE entertainment industry is a prime example of the most overpaid individuals in America. Look at the salaries athletes make! It's VOMIT INDUCING! Massive gain with little to no ACTUAL contribution. Magicians are purely street performers, although I admit Chris Angel's illusions have piqued my interest before, whose palms are constantly open looking for our loose change, while "artists," and I use this term VERY generously, like these hacks Copperfield and Blaine somehow rose through the ranks of your common street performer and ingrained themselves into the entertainment industry of America. While even Angel retains little value, I still believe their work is less than worthy of the paychecks they rake in.

He's really well-known worldwide, all his TV-shows reach billions, every show he ever did is sold-out months in advance. Add to that VHS/DVD/books sales too. How could he NOT make that much money?

I agree, and he's very marketable worldwide. I remember seeing a lot of his show on Italian TV and he was pretty big there. I suppose he was pretty big in a lot of countries around the world. Never really understood why, there are much more impressive "magicians" out there, i was never really taken by Copperfield, i always found him a bit boring...

Back