Console engineering

Most impressive engineering

• Total voters
Carcinogenic consoles should be excluded from this poll.

Along with consoles with only a few dozen solder points the size of my fist.

So would Retro mini-console be eligible? Like an Atari 2600 Retro?

Also, do you have Trump-sized fists? If so, then none of the consoles are eligible.

Oooh, toss the Genesis in there too. Tough bit of kit, me and my friends got drunk and stupid around that thing and it could take a beating!

Dreamcast design is nice indeed.
Had some issues with PSU connection and drive noise though.
Indeed. I had one dreamcast with a faulty PSU connection and another one with a faulty audio hardware. In my experience Dreamcast were the least reliable compared to all my others consoles.

On the other hand, all Sega hardware were the best engineered at outputting an almost perfect analog video RGB signal. Impressive stuff. Night and day compared to Nintendo (Nes -> Wii) or even Sony's video output (PS1 - PS2).

In my opinion original Xbox 360 had the best design. Also because there was same design for anything connected to Xbox 360 (box for console, all accessories boxes, game disc boxes, dashboard), all looked similar. That was a huge win!

Roaches love it.

PS4 is the best engineered Roach Motel

According to independent console repairmen interviewed, the PS4 also has the most to offer as a roach hotel.

The PS4’s design accommodates roaches better than other consoles’ because its ventilation grates are wider. Those vents are located at the bottom of the console, so roaches can get in with ease.

Roach-infested PS4s are a big problem. Especially because Sony won’t take them in for repairs (Sony did not provide comment). Instead, independent console repairmen have the pleasure of scrubbing the roach crap off your console’s power supply. Matt Zieminski, who works for console repair suite IFixit, told me that most of the time, the consoles aren’t sent in for roach cleaning—the users don’t know they’re infested. The PS4s just stop working and the owners don’t know why. Turns out, the PS4’s internal power supply fries roaches onto its components, which can stop the PS4 from turning on. When the bugs have made little homes in there, and have little roach kids, those roach kids and their feces can melt onto the hardware.

Roaches love it.

According to independent console repairmen interviewed, the PS4 also has the most to offer as a roach hotel.

The PS4’s design accommodates roaches better than other consoles’ because its ventilation grates are wider. Those vents are located at the bottom of the console, so roaches can get in with ease.

Roach-infested PS4s are a big problem. Especially because Sony won’t take them in for repairs (Sony did not provide comment). Instead, independent console repairmen have the pleasure of scrubbing the roach crap off your console’s power supply. Matt Zieminski, who works for console repair suite IFixit, told me that most of the time, the consoles aren’t sent in for roach cleaning—the users don’t know they’re infested. The PS4s just stop working and the owners don’t know why. Turns out, the PS4’s internal power supply fries roaches onto its components, which can stop the PS4 from turning on. When the bugs have made little homes in there, and have little roach kids, those roach kids and their feces can melt onto the hardware.

Well I guess that'd be one reason to go with an external PSU. :D

Also, according to repair professionals, the PS4’s insides gets hotter than the Xbox One’s because of its internal power supply. Warm, in an enclosed space and close to the floor, PS4s are great roach nesting grounds.

:D:D

I imagine a cheap protection method would just be to get some screen door material and cover the larger vents. Shouldn't impede airflow significantly although you'd have to make sure to keep them clean of dust buildup.

Regards,
SB

Maybe the problem is the roach infestation...
27-manhattan-gifs-2.gif

It's like saying pubic lice loves dirty calvin klein underwear, how about focussing on the fact you had the fucking crabs to begin with.:LOL:

Last edited:
Roaches love it.

my original vote to Sony is in danger (not from infestation) now, I am thinking about changing it to give it to something else, really...

I expect a PS4 Raid Max bundle now with some exclusive games and Raid.

Last edited:
Back