Can a movie be worse and have worse sound effets?

Farid

Artist formely known as Vysez
Veteran
Supporter
I know that General Discusion is the place where a quorum of scholars like to gather and discuss matters such as astrophysics, macroeconomics, motor engineering and pizza's crustiness. Therefore I fully expect this thread to come off as different to some of the fine connoisseurs who are set to expect nothing but the best prose and the most detailed socio-political commentary available on the internets.

So, here we are, beholding a most important question: is there any action movie out-there with with worst sound effects, battle choreography and worst premise than this movie?

So many things are wrong with this trailer. It's the video equivalent of watching your grandma doing the full monty in front of a kindergarten class. You're better off not talking or thinking about this anymore... Yet, in this case, a question imposes itself to all: the sound effects, what the hell?

These sound effects have been used in hundreds of Kung Fu movies from that era.

Awesome trailer BTW, I think I'll rent it!

My goodness, that is horrible.

Though in terms of sound, silly overdubbing stuff really shouldn't count. Or at least be put in a separate category. ;)

Subtitles ftw.

But the first one, it sounds like its dubbed, but it isn't. So that's worse. :D Other than that, oh well, there's worse stuff out there. Not much worse, but still. ;)

The Bruce Lee one where Chuck's the bad guy, with the final fight being among the ruins, that's definitely Chuck's best movie by far. The fighting is actually one of the more convincing ones, and the cat is awesome. My current favorite in this genre by the way remains Jet Li's version of Fist of Legend. Very good.

Here's the first small battle in the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYlOJ0Kakgc&feature=related

Sound hasn't progressed that much actually, but if you watch the whole movie, everything else certainly has. ;) The movie has very different fighting scenes, and they're all so good. If I were to make a fighting game, this would be one of my inspirations. The one with his former friend is wonderful, as is the one with the old Japanese master. The more silly one in it (in the Dojo) is still not bad at all, and is by the way Jet Li's homage to Bruce Lee.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, here we are, beholding a most important question: is there any action movie out-there with with worst sound effects, battle choreography and worst premise than this movie?

The Crippled Masters :yep2:

I guess you never watched the Riki Oh: The Story of Riki. Be warned this is a kung-fu splatter.
thats got one of the best quotes of all time.
where a guy who's losing the fight, decides to take more drastic measures, it cuts his own stomach + pulls out his own intestine + starts strangling the other guy.
the quote is from a guy on the sidelines 'now that takes real guts'

I've never ever watched a single movie of this genre completely, but I feel I should at some point. It would require sufficient amount of beer and a certain mood, though.

But judging by the parts I've seen from various flicks like this, the mini-film in Kentucky Fried Movie does not add much parody to the real ones - it could almost pass for real stuff...

Even movies held by today's standards as gems from that era, namely the 60's and 70's, have awful sound effects. Even "Taxi Driver." Some of the most awfully unrealistic gunfire ever resides in that film. I'd actually rather heard Martin Scorcese scream "KAPLOWIE" everytime a weapon discharged. Reason being, I would guess is because film makers had a smaller library of sounds. Even today a great number of sounds are repeated, maliciously, but its less noticeable. Few movies actually have convincing sound effects, but I my alltime favorite is "Heat." The bank robbery/20 minute shootout scene in "Heat" from the sounds of it the rifles were mic'd. Those were truly convincing gunshots.

I know that General Discusion is the place where a quorum of scholars like to gather and discuss matters such as astrophysics, macroeconomics, motor engineering and pizza's crustiness. Therefore I fully expect this thread to come off as different to some of the fine connoisseurs who are set to expect nothing but the best prose and the most detailed socio-political commentary available on the internets.

So many things are wrong with this trailer. It's the video equivalent of watching your grandma doing the full monty in front of a kindergarten class. You're better off not talking or thinking about this anymore... Yet, in this case, a question imposes itself to all: the sound effects, what the hell?

Oh my God!! The suckness of this movie is unbelievable! I love the scene were chuck gets slapped by the girl making a WHOSSHHHHH kung fu hit sound :LOL:

But it is not just the sound effects and the choreography!

They even tried to mimic and copy exactly some of Bruce Lee's choreographies! But sucked at it!!

Back