Bush says screw the Senate

How is it that gay marriages are a larger risk to the welfare of society than say, divorce? I mean, just what is at risk here? That little timmy will see a male couple and become homosexual? FYI, I do NOT want to see guys kissing each other (/shiver) but I just don't understand how society is threatened. So those interested in the welfare of society are better off fighting against, poverty, unwed mothers, and divorce imo.

Ty said:
How is it that gay marriages are a larger risk to the welfare of society than say, divorce? I mean, just what is at risk here? That little timmy will see a male couple and become homosexual? FYI, I do NOT want to see guys kissing each other (/shiver) but I just don't understand how society is threatened. So those interested in the welfare of society are better off fighting against, poverty, unwed mothers, and divorce imo.
Because it's EVIL! Because it's BAD! Because the BIBLE SAYS SO!!!

Jeeze, it's a sin so it should be a law! :rolleyes:

(Y'all do realize I'm being rather majorly sarcastic I hope)

Ty said:
Becuase God said "and let not man lay with man or woman lay with woman" and thus it became a sin. And Satans will shall sweep through our society and taint our children, driving them further and further from Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour and ensuring their eternal Damnation. If we let Satan take this foothold then it will only open the gates for more sin and corruption. Our society will turn from Jesus Christ out Lord and Savior and become morally decadent and Satan will have his way with our children. To allow homosexuality is to invite Satan into our homes.

seriously... that's the problem as most who oppose it see it. I, on the otherhand, have already invited Satan into my home... and he's a hell of a f*ck ;)

digitalwanderer said:
Ty said:
Because it's EVIL! Because it's BAD! Because the BIBLE SAYS SO!!!

Jeeze, it's a sin so it should be a law! :rolleyes:

(Y'all do realize I'm being rather majorly sarcastic I hope)
Why is polygamy and incest illegal? doesnt hurt either you or me if consenting adults do what they will in their own bedroom. Why is drug use by responsible adults illegal? Why is prostitution illegal?
IMO its societies job to place some boundaries on what is/isnt acceptable. This boundary shouldnt be static, so with changing times values should adjust. The question for me is it a good thing for gay marriages, and is it the right time for it. Im quite opposed to gay marriages, however I do favor civil unions for gays, polygamists, incestuast(sp?) partners, and even straight couples who dont believe in "marriage". If we are going to tear down one form of discrimination we should tear all the other walls down too.

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
The question for me is it a good thing for gay marriages, and is it the right time for it. Im quite opposed to gay marriages, however I do favor civil unions for gays, polygamists, incestuast(sp?) partners, and even straight couples who dont believe in "marriage". If we are going to tear down one form of discrimination we should tear all the other walls down too.
Why? A marriage is just a state of legal being, to deny it to someone based on their sexual preference is purely discrimination.

I think people are getting religious marriage and the legal state of marriage confused too much. The first I should have no say over, the latter I get to insist is only fair if it's for everyone.

yeah, the law is not forcing the churches to recognize gay marriages on religous bounds. it's forcing people to accept it as a legality. If someone chooses not to believe in gay mariage as being blessed by their church then that's fine, they hav a right to freedom of religion. However, they may *not* refuse to accept it as being legal. When the government refuses to accept gay marriage then it is a legal rejection based on religious rejection, which means church and state are NOT seperate. All reasons why it's "bad" are based on religious principals and hold no legal value.

Back