Bungie develops Shadowrun??

EndR

Regular
TeamXbox speculates..

Kevin K Hanna, a multiskilled artist who works as animator and illustrator, has revealed in its resumé that he has been working in FASA Interactive for the last five years creating high-poly characters and cinematic quality models for Shadowrun.

An interesting info that comes from Hanna’s resumé is the fact that he’s been working on Shadowrun since 2000 till last year. This would confirm what appeared in an editorial at Xbox.com called “Lifestyle: Gen Xâ€￾ on March 1st, 2004, when it was suggested that FASA Interactive was already working on “the next big thing that the game world has no idea is about to hit itâ€￾.

It is worth mentioning that both artists cite FASA Interactive as the place where they have been creating assets for Shadowrun but there are rumors that claim it’s actually Bungie who is developing the game with FASA Interactive overlooking all the aspects related to the Shadowrun universe.

the rest..
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10464/Artists-Resum-Confirms-Shadowrun-is-in-the-Works/
----------

IS Bungie big enough to make to "high value productions" at once? A Halo3 is certain that they are developing but that looks to be a 2007 game, to coincide with the movie. Maybe they wanted something for holidays this year and so, enter Shadowrun. The speculations have been many about who are deving the game but nothing official has come out.

If Bungie IS developing Shadowrun, then im a happy camper..:LOL:

EndR said:
IS Bungie big enough to make to "high value productions" at once? A Halo3 is certain that they are developing but that looks to be a 2007 game, to coincide with the movie. Maybe they wanted something for holidays this year and so, enter Shadowrun. The speculations have been many about who are deving the game but nothing official has come out.

If Bungie IS developing Shadowrun, then im a happy camper..:LOL:

It better be a RPG and not a FPS. Anyway, about damn time that a decent SR game is made. Hopefully it is a full fledged RPG.

hupfinsgack said:
It better be a RPG and not a FPS. Anyway, about damn time that a decent SR game is made. Hopefully it is a full fledged RPG.

well, it seems to be, at least according to other information, an FPS.. but it could mean an FPS-RPG in the line of Deus Ex. I don´t think that Shadowrun will be only an FPS, it HAS to have RPG elements...

An FPS-RPG would be very good also, but I don´t know why I would prefer a third person RPG...

EndR said:
well, it seems to be, at least according to other information, an FPS.. but it could mean an FPS-RPG in the line of Deus Ex. I don´t think that Shadowrun will be only an FPS, it HAS to have RPG elements...

An FPS-RPG would be very good also, but I don´t know why I would prefer a third person RPG...

Since most RPGs are about party play, 3rd person view allows for more strategy during battles. I could live with 1st person view, as long as I am controlling a single hero. As for FPS, don't get me wrong, there're ample possibilities for a FPS in the SR scenario, I'd have just prefered them to create a RPG: Levelling your abilities, your marksmanship, etc. Basically, JaggedAlliance+RPG+SR+FPS would make a perfect combination. The better you get, the better your aim gets, the faster you can fire, the wider you can jump etc. Just be creative, don't give us Halo in the SR universe.

hupfinsgack said:
Since most RPGs are about party play, 3rd person view allows for more strategy during battles. I could live with 1st person view, as long as I am controlling a single hero. As for FPS, don't get me wrong, there're ample possibilities for a FPS in the SR scenario, I'd have just prefered them to create a RPG: Levelling your abilities, your marksmanship, etc. Basically, JaggedAlliance+RPG+SR+FPS would make a perfect combination. The better you get, the better your aim gets, the faster you can fire, the wider you can jump etc. Just be creative, don't give us Halo in the SR universe.

Yeah, that sound the reasonable thing to do. Actually I couldn´t imagine it being done any other way.

So we can only hope that they take this in consideration. AN FPS only game would be a waste of good gaming universe...

I think that Bungie is "big" enough to have two titles in developemnt at the same time. Bnugie has two "teams" if I remember correctly, the original one so to speak and the one that developed Oni. Maybe it is that team that is doing SR. Of course working on two project at the same time does not mean that you have tow full fledged teams as well. I mean the game engine and the rest of the technology can be shared between the projects...

Shadowrun MMORPG would be a very massive hit for anyone. If done with next gen assets this could blow the lid off the roof for 360 more than any other RPG planned. If true very well done. Now get me my marvel RPG!

Slightly OT - I'm wondering for some now if MS could decide to do (its own) MMO's without a subscription for Live Gold users. What do you think?

Would be pretty awesome if they were making SR all this time. :)

I'd rather have a toggle between 1st/3rd person. Melee combat should be with 3rd person IMHO. Ack...and I just want to see how they recreate Seattle circa 2060 and the lands outside it. MMORPG would be neat, but.... that's what Huxley is pretty much doing, an RPGish FPS MMOG. I'm more of a single player...player.

Back