Book recommendation wanted: "Applied Regression for Dummies"

Zaphod

Remember
Veteran
Anyone know of such a thing?

Readers will have a preexisting understanding of OLS, basic experience with methods used for binary outcome variables (logistic regression) and various methods controlling for dependency between observations. May or may not be somewhat familiar with survival-time analysis (Cox regression).

What I'm looking for will have a good narrative that can help the reader understand the logics behind various statistical methods and how they apply to different sets of data without necessarily having to follow all the underlying math. Granting a better understanding on how to employ statistics correctly without having to be a statistician (or something like that).

Suggestions?

Introductory Econometrics by Jeffrey M. Wooldridge I think is a very good book. It is simple to understand with many good examples and explanations.

You dont have to be a mathematician or a statistician to understand it. Only basic knowledge. It doesnt go excessively into too much theoretical detail. It relies mostly on the important and necessary things to get the idea and be able to apply statistical research practically. Its examples are extremely helpful.

Its probably the best and easiest book in statistics I could ever get

It explains the use of Dummies fairly well

Introductory Econometrics by Jeffrey M. Wooldridge I think is a very good book. It is simple to understand with many good examples and explanations.
Thanks! That seems to be just the book I was looking for. I'll borrow myself a copy or pick up a 2. ed on the cheap and check it out in more detail.
It explains the use of Dummies fairly well
You know, I didn't realize I had put a double entendre in the thread title until I read that sentence. So it would appear one of the dummies here is me... :smile:

lol I didnt see that meaning of the word.

Dummy variables only came to my mind. Funny the sentence has two sided interpretation :LOL:

Heh. In hindsight, your interpretation, if not the one I intended, was the most reasonable (given the context). Perhaps I should have asked for the "Complete Idiot's Guide to Applied Regression" instead... :smile:

Back