Best laser pointer for destroying cameras?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Asking for a friend who apparently has a nosy neighbor with a security camera fetish. I know lasers can damage the sensors, but which one is BEST at it?

This guy and his wife have a lot of local cats that they feed which annoys their neighbor who's trying to get some sort of evidence to get him in trouble, I figure this is a good time to throw some science at the problem. :)

So if I understand right , the man put up cameras because he wants to catch your friend doing something illegal? So your friends response is to do something illegal while being filmed doing something illegal ? You've also now posted about it on a public forum and linked yourself to the crime ?

So if I understand right , the man put up cameras because he wants to catch your friend doing something illegal? So your friends response is to do something illegal while being filmed doing something illegal ? You've also now posted about it on a public forum and linked yourself to the crime ?
I'm not sure about the legality of lasers and security cameras, nor having cameras covering other people's private property, but yeah basically if you want to put it that way you can. I own it. :)

Father than destroying them, how about just blinding them? Even a weak red laser can blind them. Just need to aim carefully.

Tis the era of social media, where people posts all shorts of things publicly :p

I'm not sure about the legality of lasers and security cameras, nor having cameras covering other people's private property, but yeah basically if you want to put it that way you can. I own it. :)
It's destruction of private property. Not sure how that isn't illegal where your living. It's not any different than going up to the camera with a hammer and smashing it. Well maybe you avoid a trespassing charge.

I mean I don't mind as I'm also petty like that but I was just trying to warn you that maybe its not the smartest thing to do. I think its smarter to get something with a strong reflection and just happen to put it inside a window or outside on your friends property in just the right way for it to reflect and focus the sun at the camera

Asking for a friend who apparently has a nosy neighbor with a security camera fetish. I know lasers can damage the sensors, but which one is BEST at it?

This guy and his wife have a lot of local cats that they feed which annoys their neighbor who's trying to get some sort of evidence to get him in trouble, I figure this is a good time to throw some science at the problem. :)
Can i suggest a higher fence?

Back